SASS Wire Forum

Sorta OT: value of stainless Ruger Blackhawk?

So this is gonna be a bit on the vague side, but here goes: a guy at work has a stainless, 7.5" .357 mag Ruger Blackhawk he wants to sell. It was given to him by a relative. He's not sure whether it's a new model or old model, and he hasn't a clue what it's worth. I looked on the 'Net and found prices on them running from $389 to $629 depending on whether or not the 9mm cylinder is with it, or if it's new, or whatever. I'm trying to decide what to offer him for it. One price I heard mentioned by somebody else who talked to him was $225 to $250, so I'm thinking I'll start out lowball and go up from there if necessary. What do y'all think should be my top offer? I don't think I can afford to go much over about $300. Would I be totally ripping him off at that price? I know, opinions are like belly buttons, most everybody's got one, and that with opinions I get what I pay for, but I'm still interested in some input from you fine folks...

He's going to bring it to work with him tomorrow for me to look at. I'll know more about what it is for sure after that...

If it's stainless it's a new model, Value would be in the $325 to $400 range depending on condition.

He decided he wants $350 for it. It is a new model. I told him the best I could do is $300. He's got another guy interested and I told him if he could get his price to go for it, as I don't desperately need the gun. The only reason I was interested is that I used to have one and I'm still kicking myself for trading it off...

Archived