SASS Wire Forum

Well that's annoying

Grizzly Dave

Pilot kept going out on the water heater, so yesterday plumber put in a new thermocoupler or some such. So while looking forward to a nice hot shower this morning, all I get is luke warm at best. OK fine thinks I, he just forgot to put the setting back up, but when I go down there, it was where it should have been. Water heater is only maybe 3-4 years old.

So either the pilot is out again, I didn't think to check, or something else is wrong.

Oh well, I'll get Miz Grizz to call the plumber, I'm off to the dentist for a walletectomy, er, crown.

Grizz

Pilot kept going out on the water heater, so yesterday plumber put in a new thermocoupler or some such. So while looking forward to a nice hot shower this morning, all I get is luke warm at best. OK fine thinks I, he just forgot to put the setting back up, but when I go down there, it was where it should have been. Water heater is only maybe 3-4 years old.

So either the pilot is out again, I didn't think to check, or something else is wrong.

Oh well, I'll get Miz Grizz to call the plumber, I'm off to the dentist for a walletectomy, er, crown.

Grizz

I would bet that the plumber reset the thermostat on your water heater to the recommended 'safe' and 'efficent' level. That means about 110 to 120. And that means the water will issue from your showerhead at about body temperature.

I keep mine cranked up to about 160, which is over the usual factory setting of 140 (I guess 120 now). But that means my wife can take a hot shower and wash her hair and I have enough hot water to shower, wash hair, and do the little bit of shaving I do.

It was set back to what I normally have it set at, so that's not the culprit.

So, I lived thru another visit to Doc Holiday, but found out my insurance maxed out before the crown and filling today, and I need two more fillings and a cleaning.

By the time I am done I could have bought a brand new Codymatic and had it engraved. Not that I really even have the money to pay the Dentist. But no...

I'm depressed.

Grizz

Archived