SASS Wire Forum

Dont need a new gun,

Iron Pony

Pulled out the Milt Sparks summer special thats been my normal warm weather holster for many many years and put it on with the Govt Model and my jeans. Hmm it seems a little snug, must be something wrong with the pants, yeah thats it.

Guess its time to get some new pants, not a new gun, damn.

Before anyone makes fat jokes, when wearing this rig "full" time I actually bought pants one size larger then normal to accomodate the holster/gun combo.

It's pretty obvious to me that somebody washed your britches in water that was too hot, and they shrank. Might want to have a word with whoever does your laundry...

When ya' git them new britches, take a look at the Versa-Max 2 holster from Milt too,

Ah usta carry the Summer Special too,

But recently found the VS2 so much more comfortable ;)

Charlie, I wish I could blame someone else but even while married I did all my own laundry. Likewise if my inseam had kept up with my waistline I'd be one really tall cowboy today.

Hal, thats a nice looking rig and solves about the only problem I ever had with the SS, the snaps being right on the widest part of the holster. Whats the turn time on their stuff now?

Charlie, I wish I could blame someone else but even while married I did all my own laundry. Likewise if my inseam had kept up with my waistline I'd be one really tall cowboy today.

Hal, thats a nice looking rig and solves about the only problem I ever had with the SS, the snaps being right on the widest part of the holster. Whats the turn time on their stuff now?

I have the Versa Max 2 and it is a great holster, it's 8 years old and still looks virtually new despite frequent use.

The downside is that TAT for orders from Milt Sparks is between 26-30 weeks, the upside is that long of a TAT speaks to how good the holsters are.

I'm in total agreement with what Hal and Chantry said. I've had my Versa-Max for 8 years now, and it shows no signs of giving up the ghost yet.

Funny you should mention new britches, though. I have had the same exact problem on and off again for many years. A friend told me it was a result of being 'fat and happy'. I think a new pair of britches every now and then is a fair trade for that state of mind don't you?

;)

Pulled out the Milt Sparks summer special thats been my normal warm weather holster for many many years and put it on with the Govt Model and my jeans. Hmm it seems a little snug, must be something wrong with the pants, yeah thats it.

Guess its time to get some new pants, not a new gun, damn.

Before anyone makes fat jokes, when wearing this rig "full" time I actually bought pants one size larger then normal to accomodate the holster/gun combo.

Don't be rash. Get both, just in case.

Archived