SASS Wire Forum

Need HELP with PM info

Widder, SASS #59054

A good Wire Pard recently sent me a PM on this SASS Wire.

I get this message that reads:

'New comment from (name goes here) pending approval'.

Soooo, here is my situation: I haven't knowingly blocked out anyone from sending me any messages but it appears that I have to individually approve this latest PM before I can read it.

Here is my QUESTION: How can I unblock this setting and insure I can read all my incoming messages.

Thanks

..........Widder

In the upper right corner of the screen you will see your name, with two drop down arrows with a number between them. Click on the left arrow and scroll down to Manage Ignored Users. Click on that. You will see any people you have chose to ignore. If no one is listed, then I cannot explain it. I send and receive PMs without having to approve anything. :unsure:

Howdy Okie.

THANKS, I got your PM and everything operated as normal. I also replied with a PM back to you which I hope you received.

I double checked my ignore list and NO names appeared on it.

Anyhow, it was a PM from GunClick Rick and I also sent him a reply PM, of which I hope he received.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully, whatever the problem may have been, it appears to have gone away.

..........Widder

That message is not referring to a PM. Your pard tried to leave a comment on your profile page. Go to your profile and choose "Edit Profile". At the top of you'll see a "Comments" section. Below that is a checkbox to Enable Profile Comments. Below that is a drop down list box with 2 options. First option is "Enabled - Only Add When I Approve Them". Second option is "Disabled - Allow Addition Without Approval". So sounds like you have Comments enabled but you have the first option selected which requires you to approve them before they appear on you profile page. Which depending on how smart-alecky your pards are may be the better option to stick with ;).

If you go to your Profile page you'll probably see the comment and an option to allow or reject it.

Bucky

Archived