SASS Wire Forum

RO courses at Mule Camp

Dirty Dan Dawkins

Hey Bud, Should be in your email from Kat with the Mule Camp news..I got mine yesterday

Hey Bud, Should be in your email from Kat with the Mule Camp news..I got mine yesterday

Oh? Then I should go look at that email again. All I noticed was how miserably you performed.

;)

Oh well, I need my ROI first,but here's the text:

ROII CLASS ANNOUNCEMENT

Big John Denny, SASS 64775 Life/Regulator, will schedule a Range Officer Training Course (ROII) Class at the Clubhouse of the South River Gun Club. The class can be attended by those folks who are currently ROI trained, and current ROII trained personnel who wish to attend refresher training. The training will be conducted utilizing the 2011 Version of the SASS Shooters Handbooks located on line at: http://www.sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php

The SASS requirements to attend the class are:

1. Must be a current SASS member.

2. Must have completed SASS Range Operations Basic Training (ROI) Course.

3. Must have competed in Cowboy Action Shooting matches for a minimum period of six months.

The cost for current ROI trained personnel to attend the class is $25.00, and students must pay on the day of the class. There is no cost for current ROII trained personnel to attend the class for refresher training.

Those desiring to attend this training should contact Big John Denny via e-mail at jfdenny@bellsouth.net or by telephone at 770-507-8004. Please provide your current SASS Number and whether you are a current ROI or current ROII, as well as your contact notification so you can be notified of the class date and time. It would also be of benefit for all planning on attending the course to review the newly published SASS Shooters Handbook, SASS Range Operations Basic Training Course and the SASS Range Officer Training Course to familiarize with the newly published rules and procedures.

1. South River Gun Club was chosen because of the size of its Clubhouse and the fact the training bays there are lighted, thus allowing for the class to be conducted in the evening. Plans are to hold the course on a weekday evening when the gun club is not open for normal business so as not to interfere with any attendees SASS shooting schedule on the weekends.

Got an email, the John is currently coordinating the schedule, so we should know something soon.

He will probably schedule a R.O I course soon, but he needs to do this R.O. II to be certified to teach the R.O I again under the revised rules.

Until then, be sure to read over the latest version of the Handbook and R.O. I & II info on this website. It sure helps to be prepared so you will get it better ingrained And to ask good questions during the training.

Archived