SASS Wire Forum

WTB IAC 97 Parts

I bought a 2004 IAC 1897 off Gun Broker, used.

It sat in my safe for well over a year, untill our club decided to try Wild Bunch. The first time I shot this gun at a match, on the 3rd shot, the forearm went flying forward. It had come loose from the cocking mechanism. Evidently the wood had not been inletted enough to allow the Forend Tube Assembly Cap to fully thread onto the Action Slide. The previous owner had tried to tighten the threads and cross threaded the parts.

Yeah, now we know why it had been sold.

I found a new Forend Tube Assembly Cap at Brownells, but have not been able to locate a new Action Slide. Does anyone know where I can purchase these IAC Parts? Plus, the wrench that loosens and tightens these. I bought a wrench from Midway and Brownessl, but they fit the Winchester and not the IAC.

I have sent four emails to the gun smith on the IAC Website (Pisco Gun Smith), but they have yet to respond.

Thanks for your assistance.

Frontier Lone Rider

I got a business name off the Wild Bunch Forum, they have parts for Winchester, but not the IAC.

Plus, I need the wrench that fits the forend cap. The one Brownells sells isn't deep enough to go past the tube to the slots.

I had a friend ,who works on firearms, tear it down and tell me what I needed. He had re-assembled the gun and it seemed solid, but when he fired actual shells, it flew apart again. So, I need to replace the two parts that thread together.

The IAC gun smith has been no help to date. They responded that this was such a complicated repair that I would have to ship them the shotgun.

I don't think so!!! All I need is the Action Slide and I can fix it myself. I have modified the wrench for the Winchester 97 to fit the IAC 97.

Lone Rider

LR Sir

If you check with Numrich they have action slides for the inport 97 , I am not sure if it is the same as yours , but worth a try .

E-gun parts.com . The inport parts are in between the T/D and Solid frame parts in the Winchester List .

Hope this helps ya out a mite .

Chickasaw Bill

I have tried all of the suggested vendors, but still have had no luck.

The IAC folks have just given me a run-around. They have not been of any assistance to date.

The gun may just become another parts gun and I will start looking for a useable Winchester 97.

LR

I have tried all of the suggested vendors, but still have had no luck.

The IAC folks have just given me a run-around. They have not been of any assistance to date.

The gun may just become another parts gun and I will start looking for a useable Winchester 97.

LR

sent you a pm if you want to call let me know

A pard may have the parts I need. He is sending them for me to try. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

Anytime I have had a question or need in SASS, a pard has always stepped-up with help.

Lone Rider

Numrich seems to have parts for every shotgun except the IAC 97. They list parts for the TTN Shotgun and someone said some of these parts would fit the IAC 97. But, they did not say the Action Slide or Action Bar would fit?

They do seem to have every part that might be needed for a Winchester 97.

Lone Rider

• 2 weeks later...

Bo,

The parts fit together, but now the shotgun will not go into battery with the new parts, so it will not fire. It would fire with the old parts, but the forend would come loose after a couple of rounds.

I have been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. A pard was supposed to come over last weekend to try, but a family event superceded that.

I will get you a check in the mail. I am sure it is me and not the parts.

Lone Rider

before you put the mag and action arm in make sure the carrier is up and hammer down the bolt should be forward. then put mag tube in threaded part and action arm in place screw mag tube all the way in them place clamp and screw. then move action arm to the rear and every thing should work. you can call me if you need more instuctions

before you put the mag and action arm in make sure the carrier is up and hammer down the bolt should be forward. then put mag tube in threaded part and action arm in place screw mag tube all the way in them place clamp and screw. then move action arm to the rear and every thing should work. you can call me if you need more instuctions

Thanks Bo,

I will give that try tonight after work.

I have not been screwing the mag tube in before trying the action.

LR

Hi Lone Rider,

Have you tried Marty the parts guy at IAC? I dont have his number anymore but a pard here steered me in that direction for parts. Hopefully a pard here will see this post and shoot you his contact info.

See you at RJSS, JB

Lone rider:

I bought a slide action arm and the wood fore grip and attachment nut from Numrich last week. They were used on an "Original" Winchester '97 solid frame gun. They have the parts you need. Total for everything was $110.00 (including shipping to CA.).

Make sure the parts you got from whomever are for a solid frame gun, the slide action arm for a take down is different.

RICO :FlagAm:

P.S. One more thing, the wood fore end will go on either way but is only inletted on one end and that end has to go towards the receiver. Then the end cap will screw on and tighten correctly.

Thanks for that info RICO.

I will have to take a second look at how the wood is turned on the slide.

LR

Lone rider:

I bought a slide action arm and the wood fore grip and attachment nut from Numrich last week. They were used on an "Original" Winchester '97 solid frame gun. They have the parts you need. Total for everything was $110.00 (including shipping to CA.).

Make sure the parts you got from whomever are for a solid frame gun, the slide action arm for a take down is different.

RICO :FlagAm:

P.S. One more thing, the wood fore end will go on either way but is only inletted on one end and that end has to go towards the receiver. Then the end cap will screw on and tighten correctly.

Archived