SASS Wire Forum

Shot the "Holy Black" for the first time today!

Slick McClade

Slick, I think you were doing real good in B Western and should stay there. I don't know if you realize that if you want to shoot in Frontier Cartridge you have to use 44-40 or 45 Colt cases that are filled to the top with 2 F. The 44-40 is loaded with a 200 gr or more bullet and the 45 Colt with 250 or more. You also must use 12 ga hulls with 1 1/8 oz loads that contain 65 grs or more of that same 2F. You tell Rufus that I will never send him any more BP lube for getting you to shoot in our class. You also might not know that your guns will turn into a pile of rust after you shoot only a few matches and they have nothing that will stop it. It also will destroy all your clothes and make them unable to wear.If anyone gives you any other advise that is different don't believe them as I am being the most honest Frontier Cartridge shooter you know. If you need any further help let me know. Oh I almost forgot please remember to soak all your ammo in boiling hot water the night before the match as it will help with the visual effects you will have during the match. You Take Care and A big Welcome to the Dark Side. Your BP Friend Fairshake

Cap - I've gotten in trouble many times by listening to that little voice on my shoulder :unsure: And the "force" well I used plenty of force trying to get in my wifes car after the match :lol:

Apache - Thanks pard , looking forward to it.

BB - Thanks for the mighty fine words. I will be flying out to WR on the 23rd by myself this year no family on this trip :( See ya soon pard!

Chantry - Seems to be alot of fun shooting BP and everyone is great to talk with.

Fairshake - Well were do I start. Hmmmm , oh thanks for all that goooood info! :huh: I think :lol: take care pard.

You also must use 12 ga hulls with 1 1/8 oz loads that contain 65 grs or more of that same 2F.

Huh, those sound like light loads to me, I like my shotgun load better: 1 1/2 and 120 grs of 2F :D

Archived