SASS Wire Forum

Yellowhouse Sam, you ought to see it now!

Pulp, SASS#28319

I received the Nate Kiowa Jones DVD and spring kit for Christmas, and put it to good use on the little Rossi I bought from you 11 years ago.

If you worked the action now, you'd gladly give me my money back plus a bit to boot, except for the ugly inletting I did when I put an 1892 Morgan in the buttstock. Smooth as a baby's posterior, trigger pull about three pounds with no creep or overtravel.

I don't care if it rains, snows, sleets, hurricane, tornado or earthquake tomorrow, I'm going to the land to sling some lead. I may have to shim the right cartridge guide a bit, don't know yet if it will still throw the occasional loaded cartridge, but will know soon. And if I have to, well, from what I've learned from the DVD, it won't be a problem to shim it.

Did I mention how slick it is?

Its been eleven years!!!???? :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm: Well, you're gettin your moneys worth ain't cha? I remember the look on your wifes face when I told you how much....it was a look of what the hecks wrong with it then? Well, I'll never tell...glad you finally got it fixed. :FlagAm:

Actually, it wasn't all that bad anyway. I remember you telling me you had done some work on it 'cause it was bending up the brass. The extractor looked like it might have been worked on a bit, it wasn't as thick as Nate's video showed. Basically, other than working the trigger spring and extractor, and installing the new ejector spring, all I did was smooth up the edges on the bolt, it had some rough spots.

This has been my favorite rifle since I bought it. It is so light and compact and it just seems to fit me perfectly. It's now a bit more favorite than before. Best $XXX.XX I've ever spent. And I'm still using the dies you threw in with the rifle.

Archived