SASS Wire Forum

Do ya think we should "antique" it

Curley Cole, SASS #56849

Winchester

Well here is me and Top's new/old "project" gun. Winchester Model 97. Serial number appears to put it about 1912. Is a long sucker. It is at least a 30" bbl, maybe more....

We just wanted something to maybe shoot a Wild Bunch catagory occasionly. And if nothing else, well, we could sell er off fer parts.....

curley

Winchester

Well here is me and Top's new/old "project" gun. Winchester Model 97. Serial number appears to put it about 1912. Is a long sucker. It is at least a 30" bbl, maybe more....

We just wanted something to maybe shoot a Wild Bunch catagory occasionly. And if nothing else, well, we could sell er off fer parts.....

curley

What do you mean by "antique?"

It's a nice looking gun. Does it function? If so, I'd keep it as is and enjoy it. If it doesn't work, then by all means, bring it back to life, and then enjoy it. These grand old guns should be allowed to speak again. :)

And please.... Don't cut the barrel!

HK, methinks ole Curley is funnin' with us. Gun is plenty "antiqued" already.

Old Tops 73

Ya got me there, it goes well with Old Tops original 73..it works. I didn't want to put a lota money in a 97 as I just don't much like to shoot them, so I got this.

curley

I need to find me a beat up old holster like the one pictured for that 38 lightning i got..Found a gunbelt on the classifieds.Gonna make a cool shadow box display..Need a light brown.

I need to find me a beat up old holster like the one pictured for that 38 lightning i got..Found a gunbelt on the classifieds.Gonna make a cool shadow box display..Need a light brown.

Well I would offer ya that one with Top's MH, but the gun came with it...

we can look around..

cc

Archived