SASS Wire Forum

Tucson Shooting

Blue Steel Duke

As details start to trickle in, the media is reporting that the shooter used a high capacity magazine, and although they are reporting it was a 31 round magazine, I'm guessing it was a Glock 33 round for the 9mm. Knowing the liberal media mentality which disregards the theory of personal responsibility, the magazine will ultimately be the cause of everything bad in the world and I look for public outcry to ban the magazine. I just hope as they push this agenda, thinking that a 7 round magazine or a 5 shot revolver are somehow less a threat to society, that they never see any video's of Jeff Cooper with a 1911 or a S&W revolver. Also, as we pray for the injured and families of the deceased victims, don't forget the responders who worked the carnage and are carrying lot's of baggage right now.

BSD ;)

As details start to trickle in, the media is reporting that the shooter used a high capacity magazine, and although they are reporting it was a 31 round magazine, I'm guessing it was a Glock 33 round for the 9mm. Knowing the liberal media mentality which disregards the theory of personal responsibility, the magazine will ultimately be the cause of everything bad in the world and I look for public outcry to ban the magazine. I just hope as they push this agenda, thinking that a 7 round magazine or a 5 shot revolver are somehow less a threat to society, that they never see any video's of Jeff Cooper with a 1911 or a S&W revolver. Also, as we pray for the injured and families of the deceased victims, don't forget the responders who worked the carnage and are carrying lot's of baggage right now.

BSD :wub:

Prayers for all those involved in this senseless act continue.

The fallout from this is incredible - folks even blaming Palin and right-wing media for inciting this heinous act instead of focusing on the perps personal accountability for his maniacal actions

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/10...al-cheap-shots/

GG ~ :unsure:

yup, its not the sicko's fault, it was the gun. While we are praying for the families, the first thing all those anti gun morons' can only think about how much of our 2nd amendmet rights the can try to take and who they can blame, I have already heard them blane Palin and the tea Party, who's next? I don't know, but you can bet sheriff Joe and the NRA will be mentioned someplace.

The newspaper I read at noon was very democrat slanted and the essence was if the opponents had just agreed with the president then this would not have happened. In other words, "We know what is best so you had better just shut up".

It already started. FROM NEW YORK CITY

Rep. McCarthy seeks to ban high-capacity ammo magazinesBy Michael Isikoff

NBC News National Investigative Correspondent

U.S. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), with the backing of gun control groups, is drafting a bill that would ban the sale of high-capacity magazines such as the one that was used on Saturday by Jared Lee Loughner, the shooter accused of murdering federal judge John Roll and attempting to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, according to two gun control activists working with the congresswoman's staff.

McCarthy and her allies are hoping to move rapidly on the measure in the wake of reports that Loughner’s access to high-capacity, 33-round magazines substantially increased the lethality of his attack, the activists said. An Arizona law enforcement official confirmed to NBC Monday that Loughner had actually got off at least 31 shots during the Saturday shooting, not the 20 that was first reported. He was emptying his first high-capacity magazine and was attempting to reload with another high-capacity magazine (with another 30 rounds) when he was wrestled to the ground, the official said.

“In the wake of these kind of incidents, the trick is to move quickly,” said Kristen Rand, legislative director of the Violence Policy Center, one of the gun control groups working with McCarthy’s office.

McCarthy, one of the House's strongest gun control proponents whose husband was killed in a mass shooting on the Long Island Railroad in 1993, confirmed on Sunday she was drafting a new bill in the aftermath of Tuscon and hoped to introduce it as early as today. Her office did not immediately respond to requests to comment Monday.

There is not enough support for a national ban and Arizona is unlikely to do anything on a state level. I expect it will die down after a few weeks.

I have seen much aimed at the rhetoric used inn politics these days. The Pima County Sheriff brought it up even as the victims were being treated.

It appears some would like to see the 1st Amendment modified and the 2nd thrown out. Another knee jerk reaction.

If people would study the political history of the country they would find that at times during the past 200 years it was not unusual for candidates to be referred to as traitors, murderers, degenerates, foreign agents and instruments of the devil. Cartoons showing politicians with blood dripping from fangs and money stuffed pockets were not uncommon. Riots were incited and duels were fought.

Yet we have survived.

There is not enough support for a national ban and Arizona is unlikely to do anything on a state level. I expect it will die down after a few weeks.

I have seen much aimed at the rhetoric used inn politics these days. The Pima County Sheriff brought it up even as the victims were being treated.

It appears some would like to see the 1st Amendment modified and the 2nd thrown out. Another knee jerk reaction.

If people would study the political history of the country they would find that at times during the past 200 years it was not unusual for candidates to be referred to as traitors, murderers, degenerates, foreign agents and instruments of the devil. Cartoons showing politicians with blood dripping from fangs and money stuffed pockets were not uncommon. Riots were incited and duels were fought.

Yet we have survived.

and we will continue to do so! Amen UB!

GG ~ ;)

And now they assign Judy, the Okahoma Bommer's attorney to the creep. On our money I would suppose.

And now they assign Judy, the Okahoma Bommer's attorney to the creep. On our money I would suppose.

I don't believe she has successfully defended any of those high profile cases yet.

I'm good with that.

Most of these gun control/high capacity magazine ban bills have already been written, warehoused and collecting dust, waiting for the perfect opportunity to whip them out, insert new names and dates and bring them to a vote. This evil event in Tucson happens on Saturday and within a day and a half their authors and proponents are already dusting off the paperwork and ready to roll. These folks need a new method of operation 'cause they're getting too predictable.

It angers me that a caring, responsive Congressional Representative Gabrielle Giffords would be targeted by such an evil individual, and exploited by others for political points when she was near death. Some of my ranching friends in Cochise County tell me she is a great person, and even if you don't agree with her on every issue, she takes the time to listen and shows genuine interest. That's the kind of political leaders we need regardless of party. How many Washington fat-cats will go to a local Safeway grocery store in their home district to meet their constituents?

I also still can't get the image out of my mind of that beautiful 9 year old girl (born on 911) who was showing interest in political issues and the political process, to lose her life going to see her local representative. This Mein Kampf reading, Communist Manifesto loving nutcase needs a swift trial and quick dispatch to Perdition's Flames.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

;)

Most of these gun control/high capacity magazine ban bills have already been written, warehoused and collecting dust, waiting for the perfect opportunity to whip them out, insert new names and dates and bring them to a vote. This evil event in Tucson happens on Saturday and within a day and a half their authors and proponents are already dusting off the paperwork and ready to roll. These folks need a new method of operation 'cause they're getting too predictable.

It angers me that a caring, responsive Congressional Representative Gabrielle Giffords would be targeted by such an evil individual, and exploited by others for political points when she was near death. Some of my ranching friends in Cochise County tell me she is a great person, and even if you don't agree with her on every issue, she takes the time to listen and shows genuine interest. That's the kind of political leaders we need regardless of party. How many Washington fat-cats will go to a local Safeway grocery store in their home district to meet their constituents?

I also still can't get the image out of my mind of that beautiful 9 year old girl (born on 911) who was showing interest in political issues and the political process, to lose her life going to see her local representative. This Mein Kampf reading, Communist Manifesto loving nutcase needs a swift trial and quick dispatch to Perdition's Flames.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

;)

I'm leaning towards a slow hanging for each of the victims he killed, with rusty barbwire would be a good starter.......revive him just in time for each.....then pull him up again.

Bet that grin would disappear real fast from his face.........

Archived