SASS Wire Forum

Totally off topic. Alumawallet (as seen on TV)

Capt. James H. Callahan

Howdy pards,

Just saw a commercial for these on TV and they look pretty keen. I had a brain fart a couple years ago and took my wallet snorkeling in Hawaii (I mean REALLY took it snorkeling! :P:wacko::blink: ) and these claim to be waterproof. The price looks good on these (3 for like $25 including s&h). Magellan's travel gizmo site sells something similar for like $29 each PLUS s&h.

I rarely order stuff off TV like that cuz seems like it usually winds up being cheap junk, which is my concern. Was just wondering if anyone had ordered these and if they were any good.

Thanks for any info, and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Sus amigo,

JHC

Not familiar with that product but I stopped carrying a wallet many years ago.

Not only are they not good around water, they are not good for your back/hips when you sit on them.

I have been carrying an ID / Badge Holder (See It Safe) on the provided lanyard around my neck. These are waterproof and I've had no problem with mine in the last three years. It can carry nine ID's/credit cards easily.

I've got a couple of small no name "o-ring sealed" snap closure plastic boxes. (well one might actually be "Plano" brand IIRC) that I use often while kayaking. THEY DO WORK! I got the hint from a buddy who is an avid jet ski rider and got tired of drowning his cigarettes, etc and bought one. I use TWO small boxes for a reason. One gets the wallet containing money, cards, etc, and stays hidden in the yak. The other gets cigarettes, matches, etc. That way any smartalec scoping me out sees only the one box, and not the other, so I feel safer walking away from the boat for a bit......

Snoop around. Wallet-sized boxes ought to be available for $15 or less.

They are probably made to keep thievs from scanning your credit cards and such,they CAN do that now..I don't think it works well with Kriptonite though :FlagAm:

Archived