SASS Wire Forum

Why don't you shoot at some of your area clubs monthly or annual matches?

Colorado Sunset, SASS #45104L

I feel fortunate that within two and half hours drive there are multiple shoots every saturday and sunday to choose from. Where I go is most often dictated by my schedule, driving time to club (again because of when I need to be back). I travel and shoot a lot of weekend matches so that interferes with local shoots. I try to get around to all of them, but not always succesful at that. Some say clubs are bad for different reasons, but even a bad club is better than not gitten ta shoot. I can tolerate most things, targets, scenarios, lax safety, even bad atttitudes can be over looked in the interest of having some shootin' fun, after all ah figgered that's what the earplugs are for. Huh? whadd you say?

Ah reckon, when ah really git down to it, ah'll go outa my way to go where the guys and gals have a heck of a lot of fun, measured by the amount of laughin' goin' on and not by the grumpin' bout this or that. Heck grumpin' is what the wire's for. Secondly, if ah cain't shoot gunfighter(split pistols) then thar ain't no reason fer goin'. Lastly, if a club shoot lasts from morning till after dark, ah just cain't make that work. It needs to be less than 18 holes of golf. Add 2 hours onto both ends of that and at best yer lookin' at a 8 hour day! Frankly, the only clubs that have that problem do so for lack of follerin' their schedule. They start late, they break for lunch and dilly dally around, then take forever to put out scores.

Well put Max! I have to agree with every point that you made! Well put. :rolleyes:

Ketchum Quick

Attitude.

I'll shoot whatever target size and distance...well...to a certain point...but if the club has an attitude where they think that their poop don't stink, then I'll probably not go there very often.

Cheers!

Phantom

:rolleyes:

There must not be any of those in Texas cause I see you at every match........just saying. I just like to smell powder burning.....

The time and expense of reloading are the only two things that keep me from shooting at more clubs. Otherwise there are different club matches only an hour or so away that I could attend every weekend if I wanted, and they are all good. I get to them on rare occasions. So it's not due to likes or dislikes - its all economics and time.

Bucky

Heee Haaa ..I like the clubs that cater to the shooter.Also make the shoot FUN.. :rolleyes: Rockford Mi. is always finding ways to improve the range and make the cowboys feel welcome.. :D It also helps when Pards like doot's that shoots all over the country, and knows what works and what don't.. :blink: If a club trys to improve and the match director ask for input from the shooters, how can ya go wrong.. :P

I try to bring some of that back to my club..ta Tell the truth all the clubs I'v shot at last year, I have no complaints.. ;)

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :unsure::wacko:<_<

We are lucky here in Northeast Ohio to have 5 clubs that I love to shoot at monthly. My home club Firelands Peacemakers , Tusco Longriders, Sandusky Regulators and Ohio Valley Vigilantes. We've been going to a new club called the Railspur Outpost. 3 of these shoots have buildings on every stage, the 2 that don't, manage to pull off a good shoot with well written stages. It's all about the people and well written stages are a big plus. Of course permanent buildings are also a BIG plus. :rolleyes:

Hi Colorado Sunset,

When hubby was shooting, we attended a wide variety of monthly and annual matches. They were mostly in our state, California. We attended a few in Nevada; but, found the wind and dirt to be uncomfortable. Hubby did not like to be away from home for long so we didn't go too far

We shot big close and small far matches. The variety was fun. The people were most important.

Since we sold our RV (the rats destroyed it) and hubby quit shooting, my biggest concerns are a drive that is not too long, a place to stay close to the range, and people who I consider friends (whether I've met them in person or on the Wire).

Regards,

Allie Mo

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone for your great comments! The Sand Creek Raiders are always trying to figure out new ways to keep folks coming since we are such a drive.

Personally, I like a match that starts later in the day like 10 or 11am. I hate getting up early to drive to a match. The late start doesn't seem to be too popular though. I also like to hit targets. I'm an average shooter and like my targets closer. Lots of misses when targets are too far is frustrating. Also, the posse need to be laughing and having a great time with each other.

Archived