SASS Wire Forum

SASS logo on awards for shoots

Carolina Cowboy

Hi Everyone

We are looking into giving out high quailty Poker Chips with our culb name on one side, and the SASS logo on the other side(If it is allowed) for our monthly shootings. We would give one for 1st,2nd,and 3rd, each would be a different dollar amount(1000 for 1st,500 for 2nd,and 250 for 3rd) once a shooter aquired a set amount(say 5000) they could then turn it in for a free shoot...my question is does anyone know if we would be allowed to use the SASS logo? And if so, would anyone have the Logo in a file I could use to send to the Chip maker?

Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions or help.

Carolina Cowboy

www.johnsoncreekregulators.com

Perhaps someone with some inside contacts will find out for us if we keep it at the top for a day or so. I do know that SASS controls the commercial interests pretty tightly but your need is not as a money maker and actually is a cute way of promoting SASS, a winner for everyone.

I beleive that as part of your club affiliation with SASS you are given license to use the logo for promotion and advertising.

When our club signed on with SASS we were given a disc with logos on it, both color and black and white. If you don't have it I'm pretty sure that SASS will send it out ot you.

A quick call to SASS Headquarters should settle the issue for you. Ask for Wild Shot. They even have a toll free number.

Regards, TJH

Thanks, will give Wild Shot a call as soon as they open on the west coast, will they be there or at the convention?

Perhaps someone with some inside contacts will find out for us if we keep it at the top for a day or so. I do know that SASS controls the commercial interests pretty tightly but your need is not as a money maker and actually is a cute way of promoting SASS, a winner for everyone.

Thanks Slowhand Bob

We here in lower Michigan compete for shooters and want to do something different to attract more shooters, we have a great club, and get a lot of support from local clubs shooters, would like to both reward them and do something different, and Poker chips do have a western flavor, we are also going to do some things different in 2011 as far as stages go, like shooting tin cans off fence posts, having gallon mike jugs filled with colored water for shotgun targets on a stage, move the targets a little closer, have more shooter choices as far as starting either from left or right side to give equal advantage to left or right handed shooters, have been reading all the posts I can on here about what makes a club stand out from others and have got some great ideas.....

Carolina Cowboy

I talked to HQ a while back about embedding the SASS coins in our annual shoot awards; gold, silver and bronze = 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. They thought it was a great idea.

Thanks Philly Slim

That sounds encourging, I just called and left a message(everyone may be at the Convention) and also e-mailed Wild Shot, will keep you posted on their response

Carolina Cowboy

Thanks Philly Slim

That sounds encourging, I just called and left a message(everyone may be at the Convention) and also e-mailed Wild Shot, will keep you posted on their response

Carolina Cowboy

I'll be at the convention tomorrow. If I happen to run into anybody that can give me the 100% no-poop answer, I'll come back and post it for ya. :FlagAm:

I've heard of some clubs that give clean match tokens, at the end of year party you can trade them in for tickets for a drawing of some kind, maybe a gun or whatever. This would give something for those of us who have no hopes of ever winning a match.

I've heard of some clubs that give clean match tokens, at the end of year party you can trade them in for tickets for a drawing of some kind, maybe a gun or whatever. This would give something for those of us who have no hopes of ever winning a match.

That's a great idea Grizz, I like the way you are thinking, keep the ideas coming everyone

I really, really like the poker chip idea, sounds like a good idea. And should keep cost down for your club. Yet gives the winners a nice keep sake.

thanks MMJ, we are trying to come up with fun ideas to make our shoots more fun, this is my first year as a cowboy shooter and I am hooked, and was voted as co-chair at our last meeting, so am trying to think outside the box and come up with new and creative ways to make it fun for everyone.....

And Thanks Buck D. Law

Philly thanks a bunch pard, have not heard back from SASS yet so am going to assume they are all in Vegas

anyone else that has other ideas please send them to me, can PM me if you want to, but this game has the friendliest people I have ever seen :FlagAm:

And the cans will be in a lane that will only require us to walk a few feet, pull cans out of a box and set them on the fence rail, so should not slow us down too much, will have six or seven with a dump target for any left over shells with only the cans left standing counting as misses

Thanking all

Carolina Cowboy

That's a good and fun idea. This summer will be my first year and something like these tokens would be nice to work towards.

That's a good and fun idea. This summer will be my first year and something like these tokens would be nice to work towards.

welcome to the game MMJ, but ,and I know others have warned you before me, be careful :blink: ....this game is addictive :excl: .......and the SASS motto is "Have Fun" and "You can never ever ever have too many guns!" :FlagAm:

It is confirmed by what seemed like anybody who's everybody at the SASS HQ booth, if you're a SASS affiliated club you can use the SASS logo in your awards, on your flyers, in your recruitment efforts, pretty much anything that's associated with SASS as long as you're promoting SASS.

Archived