Was able to do some research and finally figured this out.
I took the 32wcf 1892 Winchester completely apart and was able to tap out the remnant of the old staple and stake in the new staple with ring. I cleaned the new old stock staple and ring with white vinegar and 0000 steel wool before installing it. Actually it was pretty easy using a 1/4 “ steel punch and a moderate weight hammer to peen the forward keg of the staple forward for a tight fit, just like the factory did. I also
cleaned the action out completely while I was in there, applied lube sparingly to the key parts, reassembled, and now it’s just perfect.