SASS Wire Forum

Photo enhancement?

Does anyone have experience with photo enhancing?  This is the technology which can take an old photo that's slightly blurry and bring out more details?

I have an old picture of my dad parachuting out of an SA-16.  I'm trying to reach the tail number but the only thing I can see is a gray blog where the number should be.  I'd love to get a high enough resolution to bring out the number.

I appreciate any guidance or insight y'all might be able to offer.

When I was doing it 20 years ago...We scan and get what was there...Scanning for detail improvement threw contrast change was all we got...I did a job with a lady that had one person in a field and a house....Using some Kodax film and filters...  I got three kids extra in the field....Surprised me and her...The film and filters did there job and had a very happy lady....Not sure if scanners at that time would have worked....

Texas Lizard

Still miss working in the dark room....Had a lot of fun...In film and ........

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Does anyone have experience with photo enhancing?  This is the technology which can take an old photo that's slightly blurry and bring out more details?

I have an old picture of my dad parachuting out of an SA-16.  I'm trying to reach the tail number but the only thing I can see is a gray blog where the number should be.  I'd love to get a high enough resolution to bring out the number.

I appreciate any guidance or insight y'all might be able to offer.

I make part of living with Photoshop. There’s nothing that can sharpen the original, but there are techniques that can be employed to enhance detail otherwise obscured. I was able to bring out the name on the fantail of an aircraft carrier from a picture my dad had taken when on a Midshipman’s cruise. 

Send me a PM & we can discuss further, if you like. 

• Like 2