SASS Wire Forum

NRA Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA

Black Hills Barb

The NRA's Great American Outdoor Show begins soon and SASS will be set up there.  Ruby and a crew of volunteers from clubs in Pennsylvania and surrounding states will be on hand all week promoting SASS to all that stop by.  We'll have info on hand and SASS swag to hand out.  "I've never heard of it" and "they don't do that near my home" are often heard answers to the question "Have you ever heard of Cowboy Action Shooting?"  We're there to hand out info, answer questions, and point them in the direction of the nearest SASS affilited club.  Mernickle Holsters and Taylors will be set up nearby.  We work together by sending folks to each other's booths, too.  We've been helping recruit members every year since the first time Misty reserved booth space and we just love doing it!  It's a great show and gets better every year since the NRA has been putting it on.
If you get to the show be sure to stop by and say Howdy!  It's booth 368 in the Shooting Sports Hall.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

The NRA's Great American Outdoor Show begins soon and SASS will be set up there.  Ruby and a crew of volunteers from clubs in Pennsylvania and surrounding states will be on hand all week promoting SASS to all that stop by.  We'll have info on hand and SASS swag to hand out.  "I've never heard of it" and "they don't do that near my home" are often heard answers to the question "Have you ever heard of Cowboy Action Shooting?"  We're there to hand out info, answer questions, and point them in the direction of the nearest SASS affilited club.  Mernickle Holsters and Taylors will be set up nearby.  We work together by sending folks to each other's booths, too.  We've been helping recruit members every year since the first time Misty reserved booth space and we just love doing it!  It's a great show and gets better every year since the NRA has been putting it on.
If you get to the show be sure to stop by and say Howdy!  It's booth 368 in the Shooting Sports Hall.

thank you for doing it , we need that kind of dedication to our sport and im sure you represent us well , id love to drop by and help out but its a long way to go for me , i have friends that will be  there ill tell them to look you up if they have time and can get way from their booths 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, watab kid said:

, i have friends that will be  there ill tell them to look you up if they have time and can get way from their booths 

Are your friends in the shooting sports hall or another part of the complex?  It's pretty easy to get around to everyone in the shooting sports hall, although it is the main entrance and there's definitely a morning "crush".  

11 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

Are your friends in the shooting sports hall or another part of the complex?  It's pretty easy to get around to everyone in the shooting sports hall, although it is the main entrance and there's definitely a morning "crush".  

im not certain where they are , i just know of their attendance , im hoping to hear from one of them tonight but it depends on their schedule in these busy times they cant always stay in contact with this old guy , 

i remember how shot show was first thing in the morning , and that was precovid , im not sure how much of that has carried over these days but i heard it made things worse , 

• 2 weeks later...

We had an amazing turnout and avid interest in CAS.  There were over 200,000 attendees last year and I wouldn't be surprised if those numbers were higher this year.  President Trump spoke on Friday evening at the NRA Presidential Forum and I'm sure that brought even higher attendance that day.  We were there to walk around the entire show on Friday but chose not to battle the crowd for the forum.  We worked on Saturday and greeted a pretty steady stream of folks interested in SASS.  We sent them home with some SASS swag which included The Chronicle and a guide to SASS Clubs in PA and surrounding states.  We have a family that stops by each year to tell us how much they are enjoying CAS and all the friends they have made.  Others have stopped by to tell us that they've been to matches, began purchasing firearms, clothing, etc. 
Our booth was right around the corner from Taylor's and Company and one aisle away from Mernickle.  We all referred folks to each other's booths, too.  A country concert topped of the week on Saturday night.

At the end or our shift we went home hoarse and tired with angry feet but we sure had fun.  I look forward to next year.  This is my favorite SASS thing next to the shooting, of course.

"Our Team"  Soaring Chicken, Black Hills Barb, Doc Allan Wood, Happy Valley Harlot
image.png.c8a98641a07117b56a157527020cfe4e.png

• Like 9