SASS Wire Forum

giant front sight bead

WOLFY

I forget who it was that spoke on the wire about notching an old SP primer and sliding it onto their front sight blade but after this weekend's shoot I realized it was time.

I kept losing my sight pic.

Anywaze, I'm thankful for the bright idea.

Sorry for the poor phone-pic quality. (i didn’t get the dimple flattened up enough, so I temporarily used a drop of “white out” to even out the rear surface.  I’ll either take a silver or gold paint pen to it before the next match weekend.

myagingeyes.jpeg

Edited by WOLFY
  • Like 1

If your shooting area is a sandy desert type area I don’t recommend gold or brass. It blends with the terrain if you’re not exactly on target. Silver might blend with lead splatter on targets. White should be good. That would be my choice. 

it’s pretty beige around our ranges, Pat.  

however, we do spray paint the steel targets black.

would leaving it white be good to go?  i thought we had to black out the white diamond of marlin rear sights so i figured a white front bead wouldn’t be allowed.

8 hours ago, WOLFY said:

would leaving it white be good to go?  i thought we had to black out the white diamond of marlin rear sights so i figured a white front bead wouldn’t be allowed.

Yes

- Front sights may include a bead or insert of steel, iron, ivory, faux ivory, brass, gold, pewter, copper, or silver. The bead or insert shall be the color of the material.

SHB p.35 - Rifle Sights

REF also:
SHB p.34 - All Firearms

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L
add reference
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1