SASS Wire Forum

If It Weren't for Bad Luck

Subdeacon Joe

I know someone whose wife left him after two years of marriage.  He stayed divorced for ten years and finally remarried.  Four years later, he and his wife were expecting their first child, and who but his ex-wife walked into their Lemaze class as the alternate coach for the ex-brother in-law.   Talk about bad luck.   14 years later his ex-wife is in the same room with he and his now wife.....

Another situation, a guy I know divorced his wife, married his mother-in-law, and immediately became his own son's step-grandfather.......

11 minutes ago, Gracos Kid said:

Another situation, a guy I know divorced his wife, married his mother-in-law, and immediately became his own son's step-grandfather.......

..... isn't there a song about that ?  :huh:

Man, that was bad luck for that lady. 

The last game of golf the I played 33 years ago was a truly bad luck game. On the 10th hole at the Sky Links Golf Course in Long Beach, CA right next to Long Beach Airport I hooked a ball that traveled about 150 yards to my left and hit a Leer jet right above the window on the left side of the cockpit. Made a helluva noise. So did the mechanics working on the plane. 
My buddies laughed. I grumbled. I had decided a couple of holes back that golf was not my game. No one should play a game that stresses them out more than what they were when the game started. 
I took a Mulligan. I put my second ball on a tee, turned a bit to the right and hit the ball. SLICE! I realized it was headed for the next fairway. I yelled “FORE” as loud as I could. The ball disappeared behind some trees and I heard a “THWOK”. The sound of a golf ball hitting a human head. I saw a guy stagger into view about 75 yards away. I yelled my apologies, turned to my friends and said “I Quit!”

I walked off the course and back to my car and I left. 
About a year and a half later I gave my clubs and everything I had that was golf related to a couple of teenaged looking for donations to support their high school golf team. 

Archived