SASS Wire Forum

45 Colt Black Powder

Skullbone Willie

53 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I must be stoopid...this is what I use in my pistols.

Phantom

I'd never accuse you of being stupid, under any spelling.  You've been doing all things CAS for quite some time.  I've never had the pleasure of shooting with you, but I hope to one day if I get out West.   

I've never had the combination of Black Powder and Hi-Tek coated bullets work well in my rifle, it appears to build up a hard fouling.  

Red River Ray, when he had Red River Bullets, advised me to "don't do that"!   Since I had/have a large quantity of BP-lubed bullets, I use those instead.

I would never claim to be the holder of all knowledge.  Since the combination of BP and Hi-Tek coated bullets works well for you, then obviously it must work well for others.   I've just never had it work well for me, and the other soot shooters who have told me of their poor experience with that combination.  Why is that?  I haven't a clue.

8 minutes ago, McCandless said:

I'd never accuse you of being stupid, under any spelling.  You've been doing all things CAS for quite some time.  I've never had the pleasure of shooting with you, but I hope to one day if I get out West.   

I've never had the combination of Black Powder and Hi-Tek coated bullets work well in my rifle, it appears to build up a hard fouling.  

Red River Ray, when he had Red River Bullets, advised me to "don't do that"!   Since I had/have a large quantity of BP-lubed bullets, I use those instead.

I would never claim to be the holder of all knowledge.  Since the combination of BP and Hi-Tek coated bullets works well for you, then obviously it must work well for others.   I've just never had it work well for me, and the other soot shooters who have told me of their poor experience with that combination.  Why is that?  I haven't a clue.

Sorry - didn't mean to direct my response towards your post per se

And I often use the word Stoopid in a very tongue-in-cheek way :)

Overall, I think that a lot of folks make shooting BP much more complicated than it needs to be.

Phantom

Archived