SASS Wire Forum

Does this movie sound familiar to anybody

Alpo

British movie. Black and white. From the clothing I'm guessing it was made in the 50s.

Little boy, maybe 6 years old. I'm guessing by the size. Meets a little girl, also maybe 6 years old. They become friends. While talking about this that and the other thing, they come to find out that he is Christian and she is Jewish. And they discuss their religion with each other. And they decide they need to see it, because just hearing about it doesn't help. They have no frame of reference for a Torah or for communion.

So they go to each other's Church.

One scene that really stuck in my head, is the little boy walks into the Synagogue or Temple (I don't know if they're the same thing just different words, or if they're totally different places of worship, and I don't know which this would be), and is a well brought up polite little boy when entering a building, and especially when entering a church, he took his hat off. And some guy standing next to the door snatched it out of his hand and roughly put it back on his head. I think that was the first time I ever knew that Jews wore hats in church.

Anyway. Every couple 3 years that movie comes crawling out of my memory, and wanders around for a little while and then goes back where it come from. And it came out this morning.

I don't know if I'd like to watch it again, but I am mildly interested in what the name of it was.

Does it sound familiar to anybody? Anybody know the name?

Archived