SASS Wire Forum

7.62x38mmR and Nagant 1895 Revolver

anon42103

That's true. You can buy almost anything for a price, but $1 - $2 a round for brass is out of my price range. Especially the 5 - 10 rounds lost and I don't get back per shoot. I'd do 50 cents a round. Luckily I have plenty of new Starline 32-20 brass I bought back when it was still plentiful and cheap on their site.

".... The Nagant is a strange pistol that is fun to shoot.  It is remarkably comfortable to hold and operate.  I have shot a couple of matches with mine over the years, and I did not "suffer" for doing so.   Granted, I am not a top tier shooter, but I had fun....." 

i would agree , i enjoyed mine a lot , never thought to employ it in my CAS shooting tho , i did enjoy shooting it , it just never seemed like a "cowboy gun for SASS" to me , i know the heritage , its always seemed like one of the ones i associated with the communist takeover of russia , im not trying to put a damper on the discussion , its just always been my thoughts on this era and that revolver , 

ill stick with my SAA and im not a top tier , or even a mid tier anymore , i just enjoy the venue , we all need to enjoy what we do - life is short - grab all you can get , 

• 4 weeks later...

For me, shooting the Nagant Revolver is for style points. I had a set of custom holsters made for mine that work just beautifully. They were made by a local guy in my club, Marshal P.C. Wabash. 

The guns are slow and clunky compared to pretty much anything else out there on the market. I've gotten to the point of shooting them rather well. They're just a nice change from the other guns I use. 

Archived