SASS Wire Forum

***SOLD***Indian motif leather rifle sheath

Cherokee Slim

***SOLD***For sale is this rifle sheath I bought many years ago.  I was told that it was made in northern Arkansas many decades ago by a Creek Indian living in the local area.  However, there was no provenance provided with the sheath, and I certainly don't have the skill or knowledge to determine whether or not that could actually be true.  It could be used for its intended purpose - that of a rifle sheath - but I used it only as great "wall art".   There were already openings at both ends so I just used a 5/8" dowel rod 44" long between two brass hangers which I fashioned from some odds and ends I had lying around. The sheath itself would appear to my untrained eye to be deerskin, and the long fiber decorations appear to be horse hair.  The sheath is about 42" end-to-end and varies from a width of about 3" at the narrow end to about 9" at the opposite end.  The fringe measures 32" at the longest hanging point and varies from about 15" through 28" at other points along the length.   I didn't pay an antique price for this, and I'm not asking an "antique" price for it.  At $100 plus $15 towards shipping in the US, I think it's a bargain just for its use as a great wall hanging.  I'll include the brass hangers, but of course shipping the dowel rod would be cost-prohibitive, and one can be picked up at the nearest Home Depot for about $2.  Send me a PM if interested.  Thanks

20221009_125458.jpg

20221009_125510.jpg

20221009_125516.jpg

20221009_125558.jpg

20221009_125926.jpg

20221009_130018.jpg

• Cherokee Slim changed the title to ***SPF***Indian motif leather rifle sheath
  • Cherokee Slim changed the title to ***SOLD***Indian motif leather rifle sheath

Archived