SASS Wire Forum

[SOLD] Black Powder Pistols

Once again, I've got a few firearms for sale. These are black powder only.

1. Pietta 1851 Navy .44 Caliber Steel Custom Sheriff Model Cased with Extras. I bought this one off GunBroker. This is a custom job from a gentleman there. He's made a few of these sets, and this is what he has to say about them: "Here is a Pietta 1851 Navy .44 caliber steel frame Custom Sheriff Model black powder pistol reproduction. I have customized this pistol as follows.  I cut down the original barrel to 5 inches to create this Sheriff Model. I then shortened the loading lever accordingly. I gently crowned the muzzle and re-installed the brass post sight.  I removed unattractive manufacturer's stampings from the barrel. The serial number and other markings remain untouched as shown in the photos. I also removed the original factory blueing finish from the barrel and cylinder and enhanced them with my custom pewter-grey "old west" finish. I purposefully left the factory blueing inside the cylinder chambers as well as the nipples to protect them from corrosion. The factory walnut grip is in beautiful condition. I fine tuned the action and lockup is solid. The internal parts are excellent. The bore is shiny with sharp riflings. The nipples are like factory new. I have neatly fitted this fine pistol into one of my custom "old west" brown velvet lined wood presentation boxes. The following accessories are included:  a copper and brass hunting scene flask, a K Y Noch Ltd. cap tin reproduction, a colt-style nipple wrench and several lead balls. This well balanced cased pistol would make a great shooter." $400 Shipped. SOLD

2. 1851 Navy "Buffalo Hunter" Buntline with Walnut Stock by Pietta. This is a super collectible. The story is as follows: I purchased this a while ago on GunBroker from seller ewdeaton67. The description read, "You are viewing a factory new 1851 Navy Buntline with a shoulder stock, a steel frame and in .44cal. This was manufactured by F. LLI Pietta and imported by EMF Company. This is in excellent new condition as it left the factory with no messed up screws and an unturned cylinder.  Any minor flaws you see in the picture are as it was shipped. This has a 12" barrel and was manufactured in 2014. It has been pictured in the book "Collecting Modern Colt Blackpowder Revolvers" by Eric Deaton on page 222. The book is available on Gunbroker and EBay. The boxes and paperwork that came with it are included and pictured. The color case hardening is very nice and hard to show in the pictures.  It has nice bluing and a small brass bead front sight. The shoulder stock is also in excellent new condition. This could be a nice shooter or a great display piece."

For a small additional charge, the seller offered to send a copy of the book, mentioned in the ad above, that features this pistol on page 222. After receiving both the book and pistol, two things dawned on me. First, the seller was ewdeaton67, and the book's author was Eric Deaton. Same person. Cool. Second, this pistol looked identical to the one pictured in the book, as in, the wood grain on the stock appeared identical. Sure enough, the author Eric Deaton confirmed that this is the same pistol that was used for the photograph on page 222. Personally, I think that makes this pistol extra special. YMMV. Regardless, the price is only $650 shipped. SOLD

Payments are flexible — PayPal, Zelle, bank transfer, cryptocurrency, USPS money orders (max $500 per order, please), or cash (face-to-face) only.

Free shipping from my FFL (City Arsenal in Greenville, SC) to your FFL.

Please feel free to ask questions. Happiness guaranteed.

W.B.

BPCustomPistol2-1000px.jpg

BPCustomPistol3-1000px.jpg

BPCustomPistol4-1000px.jpg

BPCustomPistol6-1000px.jpg

ColtBP1.jpg

ColtBP2.jpg

ColtBP3.jpg

ColtBP5.jpg

ColtBP6-1000px.jpg

ColtBP4.jpg

Very nice offerings. Are you aware that you can forgo any FFL action and mail these directly to the purchaser in almost any place in the USA? They are not considered firearms by the BATF and so are not regulated by the rules. Local ordinances will prevail in some very few places. Of course if you wish to go FFL to FFL that is certainly your prerogative.

• Wade Butcher changed the title to [SOLD] Black Powder Pistols

Archived