SASS Wire Forum

Shooting antique guns

Cockney Rebel

Me shooting Marlin 1894 38WCF made sometime before WWI that I rebuilt from junk. Relined bore, made butstock from scratch from walnut off our farm.  Lots of parts rebuilt.  One first generation Colt 38WCF made in 1906. One third generation 38WCF made in 1996.  Remington model 1882 Whitmore Lifter 10 gauge. 

I often shoot faster stage times but I had water in my inner ear or something and if I moved or turned,  I would get dizzy.  I about decided I wouldn't shoot.  But then decided to shoot the first stage to get on video. 

I did finish the match,  feeling better as humidity burner off. A couple of stages in the 50s - that's more like my normal performance. 

34 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Me shooting Marlin 1894 38WCF made sometime before WWI that I rebuilt from junk. Relined bore, made butstock from scratch from walnut off our farm.  Lots of parts rebuilt.  One first generation Colt 38WCF made in 1906. One third generation 38WCF made in 1996.  Remington model 1882 Whitmore Lifter 10 gauge. 

I often shoot faster stage times but I had water in my inner ear or something and if I moved or turned,  I would get dizzy.  I about decided I wouldn't shoot.  But then decided to shoot the first stage to get on video. 

I did finish the match,  feeling better as humidity burner off. A couple of stages in the 50s - that's more like my normal performance. 

One of the cool aspects of our sport is that we can have two shooters experience very different things on the same stage and both come away happy.

Archived