SASS Wire Forum

Bonus question

Mustang Gregg

I'm not real big on high dollar bonus targets. I do prefer the shoot until down and then dump the remainder for 1 sec per hit type situation. If possible I like to see the Bonus built in via a shooter's choice. I wrote a stage that had two possible positions. #1, and #2 about 15 feet to the right. Order was Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun. Position #1 had shotgun targets and Rifle targets. Position #2 had Pistol targets. ATB the shooter shot the Rifle targets. Then had the choice of shooting them again using the pistols or moving to #2 and shooting the close targets using the pistols. After the pistols the Shotgun targets were shot from #1.  There were no bonus points, but if the shooter CHOSE to shoot the longer range Rifle targets with his pistols, then he saved the time of moving to #2, shooting the pistols and then moving back to shoot the Shotgun. It was very interesting to see which way the shooter would do it. It was a pretty even split as to how it was done. 

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

I'm not real big on high dollar bonus targets. I do prefer the shoot until down and then dump the remainder for 1 sec per hit type situation. If possible I like to see the Bonus built in via a shooter's choice. I wrote a stage that had two possible positions. #1, and #2 about 15 feet to the right. Order was Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun. Position #1 had shotgun targets and Rifle targets. Position #2 had Pistol targets. ATB the shooter shot the Rifle targets. Then had the choice of shooting them again using the pistols or moving to #2 and shooting the close targets using the pistols. After the pistols the Shotgun targets were shot from #1.  There were no bonus points, but if the shooter CHOSE to shoot the longer range Rifle targets with his pistols, then he saved the time of moving to #2, shooting the pistols and then moving back to shoot the Shotgun. It was very interesting to see which way the shooter would do it. It was a pretty even split as to how it was done. 

It was a very fun stage.  Shooters sometimes couldn't decide what their choice was until time to draw pistols.  I was one of them.  I went with the long pistol targets.  I figured the movement transitions would eat more time than pistol misses, so I just slowed down and shot carefully.   

Archived