SASS Wire Forum

Sharps

Just looked on the Shiloh Sharps website, and I discovered that they are once again producing the Sharps percussion rifle.  They did offer this, in times past, and then they ceased to produce the percussion Sharps. Now it seems they are once again offering this model. 

It is offered in the carbine version, and the sporting rifle version. 

It may be that everyone on the planet already knew this, but me. I don't remember seeing it on the SASS site. 

Oh well. 

Always great to hear about a gun maker that is expanding their product line, or, in this case, restoring a product they used to build. 

So...F.Y.I. in case anyone is interested.  

or not.

W.K.

P.S. Take that, sniffin' joe!!!

Now if Ballard Rifle Company ring back a Ballard #5 Pacific rifle in .45-70 I could sell a kid or a car or something and be happy until I die.

My mother's parents were Ballard, and I've wanted one of those rifles for as long as I can remember, but I've never found a familial connection.  Lord knows I tried, though.  :o

And then there was the cost.....!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now if Ballard Rifle Company ring back a Ballard #5 Pacific rifle in .45-70 I could sell a kid or a car or something and be happy until I die.

My mother's parents were Ballard, and I've wanted one of those rifles for as long as I can remember, but I've never found a familial connection.  Lord knows I tried, though.  :o

And then there was the cost.....!

You are about 25 years too late. A fellow brought one over to see what it was worth, he apparently took it in as payment on a bad debt. 

Not right sure of the caliber but it was a Ballard. And old. 

Archived