SASS Wire Forum

Duck Creek

So I'm sitting here tonight noodling about the 'net, and looking up places on Google Maps.

Hello... what's this?  Out in the middle of nowhere, a place in Utah called "Duck Creek Village??"  Hey!  I like ducks!  Back in my younger day I was a duck-huntin' fool!  Mebbe I'll zoom in for a closer look....

Well, I'll be danged!  Hm.  Roads are either short and straight, or longer and winding.  But wait... here's a straight one - looks almost like a runway.  Think I'll switch to satellite view and zoom in.

Huh!  Is this a runway??  No... but... almost!  The road's straight, maybe 4,500' long and called Airplane Drive!  And parallel to it is what appears to be a dirt or gravel runway , with a big ol' "21" painted at the northeast end.  Yup... it's a runway, alrighty!  

I start to meander about, and come across Gulfstream Drive, then Cessna St, Centurion Circle, Corsair Drive, Piper Circle, Runway Drive and finally Wing Drive.  How cool!  TIme to mosey on...

I headed north about a mile, and JACKPOT!!  :lol:

I smiled when I saw some of the street names:

Winchester Road

Remington Road

Mossberg Road

Smith and Wesson Circle

Browning Road

Ruger Lane

Henry Road

Colt Road

and finally...

Flintlock Circle

Of course there are other streets with more mundane labels, but there's also a Rawhide Circle, Bonanza Road and Empty Saddle Road.

I think I might like Utah~!!  :)

Mebbe I'll buy myself a lotto ticket.  After all, who wouldn't like to have a house on Savage Circle~?  :P

Check it out!  :rolleyes:

Duck Creek Village Map

Duck Creek Village Info

970716953_DuckCreek.thumb.jpg.36d806b7f06cccc138d0e38d7996ce20.jpg

Many people in Las Vegas have summer homes in Duck Creek. Winters are a bit chilly.

On one of my trips through Duck Creek I counted 7 dead deer along the side of the road. The place is literally crawling with live venison!

4 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

I counted 7 dead deer along the side of the road. The place is literally crawling with live venison!

One of these things is not like the other...

:P

Great, Hardpan...just great. I was all ready to exit Google Maps when I saw a little picture icon and I clicked on it. This is what I saw:AC4F7A33-00DC-4AEA-8212-40CB9EA1F549.thumb.png.1aac89d09ab192a15f0894a58690f953.png

5D690E7E-29DB-406C-93B2-D4AD0C0DF7CF.thumb.png.ad4dac4a6ebf22e710df981c6461f95a.png

One view left, one view right. 

I had never considered Utah as a place to retire... Perhaps I need to investigate further...:)

Archived