SASS Wire Forum

New pistols

Iron Biscuit SASS#108048

If I were going to buy another pair of Colt clones, I would look first at EMF Pietta.  They are the closest copy of the real Colt SAA.  And retain a lot of Colt features that Uberti has not put in their revolvers.  I have several sets of Uberti and Pietta but nothing fits my hands better than real Colts. 

2106132610_ColtSAA45sDec2018.jpg.8a07b3f7577ebce25e65904659975649.jpg

The only gun I have had someone worked on was the old Colt above.  It needed the notches welded and recut. He retimed the action as part of the rebuild.

Bill Fuchs at Spring Creek Armory in Ten Sleeps Wyoming. 

https://springcreekarmory.com/

I can't tell you what you should buy, I can only tell you what was right for me... 

For .45 Colt, I went with a pair of SASS Ruger Vaqueros, (5-1/2", Stainless, 5-1/2" barrels,) and had Three Cut work his magic on them (action work, short stroke, bevel all leading edges, transfer bar delete),and Eagle Gunfighter Grips.   I shoot black powder without problem, no need to do extra cleaning or extra lube between stages, they are also perfect with smokeless.

AND

A pair of Ruger Old Army revolvers, stainless, fixed sights, with conversion cylinders.  Magic performed on them by Goons Gun Works, Eagle Gunfighter Grips....

AND

A pair of Colt's Single Action Army revolvers, 5-1/2", Blue/CCH, Wolf Springs, otherwise stock...

AND

A pair of Pietta 1860 Army revolvers, 5-1/2" Blue/CCH, new sights and Super Blackhawk Hammers by Three Cut, Magic performed on them by Goons Gun Works,  conversion cylinders and percussion.

Archived