SASS Wire Forum

Any PC Gamers on here?

Specifically WW2 Air Combat. These times of working from home and not going out have really created some down time. I replaced my monitor with a 27 inch flat panel, a VIOTEK H270 LED, to be able to work from home better. The video card is what came with my computer, an AMD Radeon HD 8470D. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with an AMD A4 processor, 3.8 Ghz, 4 GB Memory. So does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy? Also what hardware (joystick) goes well with this set up. I haven't done any games except card games in many years. I think it was when I was running Windows 3.0!

I had a game I enjoyed on my old computer.  Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.  You could fly a number of planes from either Axis or Allies.  Unfortunately it won't play on my new computer.  I got another WW II air power game for my new computer a few years back.  It's too complex for me.  Way too much fiddling with all the controls (stick, throttle, this flap, that flap, the other flaps, etc).  I think you have to be a real pilot just to keep from crashing and landing the darn thing.  In fact, I gave up after a few hours trying to land on an aircraft carrier without killing myself.  Too complex, no fun at all.

If you find a good game let me know.

Archived