SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy 45 special in Phoenix/Tucson area

Does anybody reload  Cowboy 45 special in Phoenix/Tucson area? Looking to hook up with a pard who can help me get ammo for my wife to shoot and her rifles. Would be happy to pay and could swap out empties.

45 minutes ago, Cowboy Rick, SASS #49739L said:

Does anybody reload  Cowboy 45 special in Phoenix/Tucson area? Looking to hook up with a pard who can help me get ammo for my wife to shoot and her rifles. Would be happy to pay and could swap out empties.

OK ... I had to check quantities .. I switched over to 38s for my revolvers last year and had a jug already loaded w/ red coated RNFP 160s ... 

My 650 isn't currently set up to load them but it wouldn't be too much trouble to correct that and make a run.

Anyhow ... I have a jug of 204 ... all loaded and ready to go ... just sitting on the bench right now (starline/160/federal/bullseye).

I may have some more boxed up some where w/ 180s ... That's what I load for my rifle (in regular 45 colt cases) .. and I really couldn't tell the difference between the 160s or 180s in the 45CS cases.

You are welcome to them (free) ... they are a blast to shoot. ^_^

I never used them in a rifle ... only revolvers. 

I live about 2 miles NW of Phoenix  (inside the 101 loop/Union Hills) ...

bulletsAA.jpg.5535d67677d29c734a14062ffd2c2b95.jpg

12 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

OK ... I had to check quantities .. I switched over to 38s for my revolvers last year and had a jug already loaded w/ red coated RNFP 160s ... 

My 650 isn't currently set up to load them but it wouldn't be too much trouble to correct that and make a run.

Anyhow ... I have a jug of 204 ... all loaded and ready to go ... just sitting on the bench right now (starline/160/federal/bullseye).

I may have some more boxed up some where w/ 180s ... That's what I load for my rifle (in regular 45 colt cases) .. and I really couldn't tell the difference between the 160s or 180s in the 45CS cases.

You are welcome to them (free) ... they are a blast to shoot. ^_^

I never used them in a rifle ... only revolvers. 

I live about 2 miles NW of Phoenix  (inside the 101 loop/Union Hills) ...

bulletsAA.jpg.5535d67677d29c734a14062ffd2c2b95.jpg

Great! That should do the trick. Message me with your contact info and I will give you a call or text. Will be happy to supply you with empty cases to make up for your brass. 

4 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Rifles will have to modified to run C45S.  The Marlin 1894 will need the carrier modified and retimed.  The 73 will need a special elevator with a stop.  

Handgun are no problem 

Warden,

She has two marlin 45 cowboy Rifles short stroked by Spur to run Cowboy special only. I could swap out the custom carrier and put the original back in, but I would lose the short stroke. We need ammo because she has shot more this winter than I anticipated before we left Iowa. All in all, not a bad thing!

Archived