SASS Wire Forum

WTB 12 or 16ga Kwik-Sert shot sleeves for reloading

Hellgate #3302 L

I'm looking for the long time discontinued shot protectors made by Alcan that were inserted into the shotgun shell hull on top of the wads during reloading. They fold around and act as a thin shot cup to protect the shot during firing. I have a bunch of fiber/felt/card and plastic gas seal wads that I want to shoot up with BP loads and the Kwik-Serts protect the crimp of the hull from being ironed out. The ironed out hulls do not shuck out easily. There's gotta be a geezer or two like me that has such dusty old yellow boxes of stuff laying around from the '60s & '70s. I thought I'd see if anyone even knows what I'm talking about. They were popular right about the time one piece wads came into use and paper hulls were being phased out along with card & filler wads.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:06 PM, Hellgate #3302 L said:

I'm looking for ... shot protectors made by Alcan that were inserted into the shotgun shell hull on top of the wads during reloading. They fold around and act as a thin shot cup to protect the shot during firing... Kwik-Serts protect the crimp of the hull from being ironed out. The ironed out hulls do not shuck out easily. ...

Give The Gun Works a call in Spfld. I was there two months ago, they had some supplies on a top shelf from an estate purchase, or some such.  I walked out with two boxes of Feltan Blue Streaks, and a Win box, and for original prices. Feeling a bit greedy, I left at least one box behind, (or maybe I didn't want what remained.)  There might have been a box of KwickSerts.

As a K-S substitute, why not find a really thin-walled standard plastic shot wad type, and cut the column and gas seal off? 20 minutes with an X-Acto, and you will have plenty. (Part of my go-to load recipe.)

Archived