SASS Wire Forum

Парад Победы 2019 года в Москве

Subdeacon Joe

Before they do parades like this they have a crew change all the cobblestones so that the troops can goosestep without breaking their ankles. Normally the cobbles in Red Square are very worn .  They don’t bring in new stones. They dig them up row by row, three deep and put the worn surfaces on the bottom, smooth surface on top. And tamp them down. When the parade is finished they undo the process.  Yes it takes the work crew a few days, about a week to do this to all of Red Square, which is also crowded with tourists.

the reviewing stand, where Putler* and the Generals, Admirals, and Marshal are standing and the really old guy in the wheel chair is sitting is on top of V. I. Lenin’s Tomb.  The bleachers next to the tomb are about 15 rows of seats. You can’t see it because of the people standing or sitting there, but the bottom 5 rows are red, the next five rows are blue, the top five are white, a big long Russian flag.

The flame with helmet and poncho (cast bronze poncho) is the tomb of the unknown, posted 24/365 with two guards. It is on the other side of the wall behind the reviewing stand near to where the artillery is.

i believe the guys with the striped t-shirts and blue uniforms I believe are Navy.

the berets skimp on material and look ridiculous on real big soldiers.

the women are wearing knee length skirts, obviously regulation. In reality the younger women wear shorter skirts.

———————-

* oh did I write that?  Of course I meant Putin.

Archived