SASS Wire Forum

Motorized Gun Carts?

Bisley Joe

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

It's a mixed bag. In general, I don't like them. However, I see the need for some folks, but they ought to keep them in the back and out of the way. I had one inconsiderate jerk run into me with his scooter. Im not unsympathetic, but if the user doesn't have to have it to get around, then the ought to leave them at home. Kinda like the same guy that thinks everyone in the camping area wants to listen to his generator rather than enjoy the time sitting around with friends.

I can see the possibility of obnoxiousness.

When I shot up in Rifle, Colorado, and other places too, the gun carts were parked pretty neatly near the stages, on the other side of a wooden rail. I also recall wooden beams, like railroad ties or 4x4s, on the ground-like the concrete stops used in many parking spots. These served as a set place for people to park their carts. I don't see much difference between a regular cart's and a motorized cart's effect if they are parked correctly. I mean, some non-motorized carts are pretty big-in the shape of Conestoga wagons, tool carts, etc.

Are there people driving their motorized carts right up to the loading table or something?

I figured the motorized cart would be parked just like a regular one: near the loading area by the stage, but away from obstructing others. Walking to the loading table with pistols in their holsters, and a rifle and shotgun in hand, from a cart a few yards away, is no big deal.

If someone can't walk a couple of yards from the cart to the loading table, then I can't see how they can safely engage in a match!

It's standing all day, and pushing a gun-cart over dirt that gets old, and really tiresome for some-but again, can't see much issue if carts are correctly stationed.

If/when I make my little horseless carriage, I'd have no problem parking it a little out of the way to prevent obstruction.

It's just a matter of people communicating, and also observing.

8 hours ago, Bisley Joe said:

I can see the possibility of obnoxiousness.

When I shot up in Rifle, Colorado, and other places too, the gun carts were parked pretty neatly near the stages, on the other side of a wooden rail. I also recall wooden beams, like railroad ties or 4x4s, on the ground-like the concrete stops used in many parking spots. These served as a set place for people to park their carts. I don't see much difference between a regular cart's and a motorized cart's effect if they are parked correctly. I mean, some non-motorized carts are pretty big-in the shape of Conestoga wagons, tool carts, etc.

Are there people driving their motorized carts right up to the loading table or something?

I figured the motorized cart would be parked just like a regular one: near the loading area by the stage, but away from obstructing others. Walking to the loading table with pistols in their holsters, and a rifle and shotgun in hand, from a cart a few yards away, is no big deal.

If someone can't walk a couple of yards from the cart to the loading table, then I can't see how they can safely engage in a match!

It's standing all day, and pushing a gun-cart over dirt that gets old, and really tiresome for some-but again, can't see much issue if carts are correctly stationed.

If/when I make my little horseless carriage, I'd have no problem parking it a little out of the way to prevent obstruction.

It's just a matter of people communicating, and also observing.

Don’t get me started on construction site generators. Inverters (camping type) are fine run it all night

I have one similar to the one Yul Lose has, it made a huge difference to me, and kept me shooting a few years longer than if I did not have it. No problem with any matches I went to, from California to Louisiana, including Winter Range three times. Having the three wheeled version is MUCH more maneuverable than the four wheeled type.  Over the years I saw a few people using golf carts and such that did not appear to me to be disabled enough to warrant their use, but who knows? I certainly did not.

I have camped near a construction type generator once, not fun!

Archived