SASS Wire Forum

Patmarlins' change in business structure

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

Dear Patmarlins Customers…

I would like to send this heartfelt message out to each and every one of you. 

I’ve had the greatest customers anyone could ever ask for, and many of you have have been there from the very start with my first die set designed back in 2008- my Checkmaker™ Dies in 30 caliber.

I started with one old small Logan lathe, off grid in the Shasta Trinity National Forrest- with snow coming down outside of my unfinished shop and roofing paper for walls, I constructed and milled with my own sawmill from the timber on site.

Never running a metal lathe before, I stood there and learned how to sharpen tools and turn parts, one after the other, and fill your orders.

From there I progressed to CNC machining teaching myself to write G-code programing, acquiring one machine by one to the full shop I currently have today.

Back in civilization, and back on the grid… offering over 70 calibers of dies, including the ROCKDock™,  I’ve always been truly amazed by the demand and the compliments I get for my work around the world. Even from you guys in Germany and Switzerland… truly an honored compliment.

Unfortunately, I’m tired of getting beat up by the cost of doing business in California, and I’m getting burnt out on the battle, so I will be closing  sometime this spring and will be working on a new adventure.

I’m considering reopening in the winter, and most likely will only run Patmarlins™ in the winter from now on. Nothing is set in stone at the moment, but changes are coming. I have to do this for my health and sanity. It has been an honor to serve the Cast Shooting Industry, something near and dear to my heart.

So for the time being... I'm still accepting orders, and of course if you have an order pending- it will be shipped as ordered very soon. (patmarlins.com will remain online). We've had a brutal past year with the fires and now this winter's storms and numerous shop shut downs due to power outages.

My machine shop is my canvas and will always be at my fingertips, so I will ALWAYS continue to offer ongoing product support and warranty service. That will not change.

I thank you very much for your kindness and business over the years.

Pat

All the best sir. I have had my .30 caliber checkmaker for a long time and it has never been anything but great. thank you again and God bless.

BD

Archived