SASS Wire Forum

18 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Pat,   There was a thread on here a while back about Loading Table Officers.  A substantial number of people believe that the LTO is a hinderance to their getting ready to shoot, and is not necessary.  I am not of that opinion, but some clubs have chosen to dispense with a LTO.  When I shoot at one, I always ask another shooter to check me before I go to the line.

Duffield

We never used a LTO at the Mima Marauders, but used a UTO. It was understood that the shooter behind you at the loading table cleared your firearms.

Lorelei, I've never heard of a 'certified SASS trainer'? Do you mean he's a certified instructor for RO1 and 2, or your Territorial Governor?

Our clubs don't use an LTO.  When we discovered they had no accountability for letting a shooter come to the line with a problem we dropped it.  Some check each others guns some don't.

We also assign a seasoned shooter to any new shooter that shows up. They even take over as TO for that shooter to keep the connection going. First time shooter with a hammer back. You take him aside, discuss what went wrong and let him shoot.

Ike

Archived