SASS Wire Forum

What is the best option for a accurate SAA clone without any lawyer junk safeties?

Joe Smith

37 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Redwood Kid I do understand what you stated and will not argue the point. That's your opinion and respected.

My statement  is what I feel about these Stallions. I'm not saying that they are Colts. 

Respectfully:

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Sorry about that. I thought when you said "light weight just like a colt. Looks like a colt, feels like a colt, clicks like a colt." you were implying that they are just like Colts, which is what the OP was asking for. But I didn't want him to get steered in the wrong direction ordering up Stallions and assuming they were made to Colt dimensions. For what it's worth, stallions are really nice guns and if I shot .38 I would probably have a pair. They make really nice gunfighter guns.

Some follow up questions I've thought of.

.38's will be most of the diet of this firearm, but it is a .357 mag, what can they can reasonably handle?

I don't plan on trying to be Elmer Keith or shooting a steady diet of buffalo bore or ruger loads. I am just wondering if there is any factory ammo that might cause problems.

Also,  would it be okay to do a lot of dry fire practice as long as get a good set of snap caps?

30 minutes ago, Joe Smith said:

.38's will be most of the diet of this firearm, but it is a .357 mag, what can they can reasonably handle?

Howdy

The Colt Single Action Army was first chambered for the 357 Magnum cartridge the same year it was invented, 1935. There is a long history of single action revolvers similar to the Colt SAA being safe to shoot with factory 357 Magnum ammunition.

Any Italian single action revolver made today with modern steel, chambered for 357 Magnum will have been proofed in a government run proof house for that cartridge. European standards are actually a little bit more stringent than American standards. Any American 357 Magnum Factory made ammunition that conforms to SAAMI max pressure standards (35,000 psi) will be safe to shoot in an Italian clone of the Single Action Army.

Archived