SASS Wire Forum

WTB: some boxer-primed 43 Spanish brass

Does anyone have some boxer-primed reloadable brass for 43 Spanish? Perhaps left behind when the parent rifle was sold?

Some time back I bot 40 Bertram brass for a cost that seemed like retiring a portion of the nat'l debt. They've held up well but have had a few split necks and , sadly, crumpled a couple.

Not anxious to buy another 40-piece batch of new brass; even a few would help as long as they're in good condition for reloading. They're not that heavy: I weighed some and they average approx 1/2 ounce each so shipping in a bubble-wrap envelope shouldn't cost all too much.

If you have some, please email me (I've had issues with the PM) at fortrenokid@sbcglobal.net with your price and mailing address and I'll get funds headed your way. Would my personal check be okay? You could hold off shipping until sure it had cleared. Worse comes to worse I'll gird my loins and get in line at the USPS to buy a MO.

Thanks

Fort Reno Kid

BTT

Still lookin’ and hopin’ Not to have to buy some of the new, expensive stuff.

Thanks and Adios

Fort Reno Kid

I just bought 33 loaded and 6 empties from a guy on guns international in the black powder ammo section. They're out there once in great while. Gave 75$ for all of them shipped !! They can also be made from 348 winchester brass, but that is a fairly lengthy process. I have a book that tells the entire process if you would like me to take a pic of the instructions.

Larabee 

To Larabee and Okiepan

Howdy Pards and many thanks for taking the time to pass on some good info.  

In addition to 348 brass (which judging from posts from this and other forums can be hard to find) a quicker way can be to run 45-70 brass (plenty of brass available; I reload for that caliber) thru a 43 Spanish sizing die. Done that. Works okay ... but ... it’s shorter than 43 Spanish and the rim is just enough smaller that the extractor does not always make good purchase.

Still, the 348 suggestion merits consideration and I’ll be on the lookout for some.

Track of the Wolf? Yep ... great outfit. Used ‘em in the past and last week I (gasp!) went ahead and ordered some new brass from ‘em at a price ... grumble and groan ... that could be a step toward reducing the nat’l debt.  At least I’ll have some new brass and can put it to good use. 

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to pass on some intel.

To any other Pards out there that might have some “strays or spares” of 43 Spanish ... I’M STILL INTERESTED!

Adios

Fort Reno Kid

Archived