SASS Wire Forum

A Howdy and a noob question

Hardcase Hardin

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Caution Pards:

This hombre is using a new profile picture.

Keep a watchful eye for his questions.

5a08c024ef132_HardcaseHardin-NewProfile.JPG.a1409d84a71027df05518fe5be5ee3e8.JPG

would that constitute an alias for his alias?:)

Or

A stand in for his standing?:)

I am now confused:D (as usual)

Regards (and just funning)

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

2 hours ago, WillDearborn said:

Welcome aboard Hardcase, and let me lend my support to the main theme in this thread: Go to a match and shoot other cowboys' stuff first.   Actually, there are two options:

1) Go to a local match, bring some ammo, coffee, and donuts to share, and shoot everyone else's stuff.  THEN go buy whatever was your favorite.

2) While shivering away the winter there in lovely old Ukraine, do all the research, and pick every gun you like. Buy them all, tune them up, practice like crazy.  In the spring go to a match, shoot them, and love them.  For about 6 months.  Then you'll replace most of them over the NEXT winter, but HEY, you'll likely have two full sets of shootin' irons after that.  :D
Ask me how I know...  ;)

DANG!  Yer on to my evil plot!  :lol:

And I know just where to get the donuts too.  Nothing says let me shoot yer stuff like a couple big ole Gosslin's glazed.

If you go with the Uberti Yellow Boy the loading gate tab is weak on some of them so in order to keep one from breaking at the worst time you will need to either re-enforce it (there are utubes showing how to do it using JB Weld) or buy a stronger forged one, they run about $45.00 as I recall.

I don't know if they are all that way or just some of them, mine was so it needed the fix..I just went ahead and bought a new one...easy to install..

Also another good upgrade is the replace the standard magazine spring and follower with a stainless spring and follower and replace the screws with hardened ones, the factory ones are a bit too soft.

One other thing to get if you don't  have them already is a good set of flat ground screwdrivers...since the '66 does not have the removable side plate, at some point you will want to clean it and if you don't have a good screw driver set you can butter up the screws or scratch your finish especially if you are using the original factory screws  

Tinpan McGurk 

I have never had an action job done, I don't shoot fast enough to make it worth the expense so most of the upgrades I do are to keep things from breaking, jamming, bending etc. I did a basic action job to smooth out my '92's based on Nate Kiowa Jones' video but no short stroke kits etc.

I don't know what is included in the "Codymatic" but other pards that have one would know.. I would imagine the screw replacements and the loading gate would probably be "extras". 

Tinpan MCGurk

Archived