SASS Wire Forum

Pistoleros

Rye Miles #13621

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

Now I’m confused.  I thought a pistolero shot four pistols and a SG?  That was a definition I found at a club’s web site.:

http://www.pawneestation.com/Additional_Categories.html

That's an unofficial definition made by one club.  Our definition is equally unofficial, but it was made here online with a lot of input from all of the inhabitants of The Wire.  There is no official definition of Pistolero (a name for a dedicated Duelist by our definition) or Josey Wales (which I understood to be all pistols/no rifle) anywhere.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

Now I’m confused.  I thought a pistolero shot four pistols and a SG?  That was a definition I found at a club’s web site.:

http://www.pawneestation.com/Additional_Categories.html

That is Josey Wales, I've never shot that but we have one cowboy who does it with 5 revolvers. He uses a long barreled 44 mag for the shotgun.

Randy

1 minute ago, John Henry Quick said:

That's an unofficial definition made by one club.  Our definition is equally unofficial, but it was made here online with a lot of input from all of the inhabitants of The Wire.  There is no official definition of Pistolero or Outlaw (which I understood to be all pistols/no rifle) anywhere.

Outlaw is shot with pistols, rifle and shotgun. pistols and shotgun are shot below line of sight.

http://outlawshooters.com/outlaw-rules/

Randy

Wow, there’s a lot of interpreting going on, then.   I thought Outlaw shot all three - pistols and SG from below shoulder height, while the rifle could be shot that way or in the conventional, shouldered manner. 

ETA: below LOS.   Thanks for setting me straight. 

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

Wow, there’s a lot of interpreting going on, then.   I thought Outlaw shot all three - pistols and SG from below shoulder height, while the rifle could be shot that way or in the conventional, shouldered manner. 

Since none of these definitions are official SASS categories, it's entirely local, or in the case of Pistoleros, online.  :)

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

ETA: below LOS.   Thanks for setting me straight. 

Here is a Video of Tennessee Tombstone shooting Outlaw and this is a recognized Category at the Tennessee State Championship. 

Randy

2 hours ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

What is a “dedicated” duelist?  Someone who pledges to shoot only duelist?  I assume such a person qualifies to be a Pistolero... until they decide to shoot in another manner, like GF. 

Yes, you must take a pledge to shoot only duelist and promote the "art of one handed shooting". I've been shooting duelist in SASS for 20 years! 

Archived