SASS Wire Forum

2017 SASS Texas State Championship-Congrats to Our Champions

Agarita Annie

The Texican Rangers would like to thank the 300+ shooters, 20+ vendors and 5+ food vendors who came out to the beautiful Stieler Ranch to help us celebrate the 2017 SASS Texas State Championship.  The weather was beautiful, the roadside flowers were in their splendor and the week was just about perfect.  Wednesday we started off with some full RO classes for both Cowboys and Wild Bunch.  Thursday we had both a Wild Bunch and a Plainsman Side Match followed by a bunch of "fastest" Side Matches.  This year most Side Matches had multiple categories so you could shoot by age and/or shooting style.....allowed us to recognize a lot more really outstanding shooters.  Friday and Saturday we shot 10 fun and exciting main match stages and we culminated the week with our banquet and award ceremony at the Gillespie County Farm Bureau.

Congratulations to our TOP Shooters:

Top Lady Cowgirl and Texas State Champion-Hey You

Top Cowboy and Texas State Champion-Waterloo

Our Category Winners: 

Cowboy-Waterloo

Gunfighter-Rusty Remington

Forty-Niner-Two Spurs

Frontier Cartridge-Preacher Kid

Senior-Reckon

Duelist-Hairtrigger Hayes

Elder Statesman-Nonstop

Wrangler-You Bet

Silver Senior-Lefty Wheeler

Cowgirl-Hey You

Gunfighter Senior-Half-A-Hand Henri

Gunfighter Silver Senior-Crosscut Hardy

B Western-Big Iron Patnode

B Western Lady-Panhandle Cowgirl

Cattle Baron-Pineywoods Jim

Classic Cowboy-Dragon Hill Dave

Frontier Cartridge Senior-Hopalong Herbert

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter-Texas Jack Daniels

Frontier Cartridge Duelist-Three Fingered Jack

Duelist Silver Senior-Frank Stilwell

Junior Boy-Pinfire

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter Senior-Cabrito Joe

Elder Statesman Duelist-Omaha John

Duelist Senior-Texas Tommy Gun

Forty-Niner Lady-Sunny Spurs

Cody Dixon Lever-Bootstrap Richard

Senior Lady-Yankee Texan

Silver Senior Lady-Dream Chaser

Frontier Cartridge Duelist Senior-Dee Horne

Frontiersman-Yosemite Jim

Duelist Lady-Brazos Belle

Wrangler Lady-Complicated Lady

Grand Dame-Wicked Felina

Junior Girl-Darlin Diamondback

Duelist Senior Lady-Krazy Legs Kay

Buckarette-Hellfire Hanna

Grand Patron-Happy Appy

Buckaroo-Coyote Catcher

Cody Dixon Single-Show Me

Our TOP TEN Male shooters:

Waterloo (180.13)

Rusty Remington (182.14)

Still Smokin' (187.39)

Phantom (191.27)

Buckshot Sully (193.88)

Two Spurs (196.80)

Preacher Kid (197.03)

Reckon (198.09)

Hairtrigger Hayes (202.36)

Jake Cutter (204.12)

Our TOP FIVE Female Shooters:

Hey You (219.32)

Half-A-Hand Henri (222.40)

Panhandle Cowgirl (236.67)

Sunny Spurs (281.15)

Yankee Texan (285.65)

We would also like to recognize our SPIRIT OF THE GAME recipient.....Crosscut Hardy.  This honor was bestowed upon Crosscut by his peers who selected him for the honor.  For those of you who know or have shot with Crosscut you know there is no explanation needed. This shooter exemplifies the Cowboy Way and it is always a pleasure and honor to shoot with him, posse with him and just be around him.

Congratulations Crosscut...a well deserved recognition.

Congratulations to the Texican Rangers for putting on a top shelf championship match.  Your efforts showed in every attention to detail.  Congratulations also to all the shooters, no matter where you placed.  The cowboy spirit is alive and well!

Thanks to all the Texican Rangers for putting on an outstanding match! Bluewater Ringer (my brother) and I had a great time. Great range, outstanding support and attention to details. Wonderful food, although I'm done with breakfast tacos for a while, wonderful vendors. Above all, OUTSTANDING people and new friends. Posse 1 was a joy to be on with fun, life-loving, helpful, encouraging shooters. Hopefully we will have the same venue next year and I'll be improved enough to earn a buckle! Thanks again.

Congratulations to all the Texas State Champions, well deserved!

Hats off to all those Texican Rangers who volunteered several hours making our Texas State Championship phenomenal. Made us proud.

Ellie Mae

Hard to imagine it being any better. All the Texican Rangers worked hard to make a great match for the rest of us to enjoy.  I know many folks worked extremely hard, but for my money, the "unsung Waddy" award goes to Dirty Dog Dale. I saw him painting targets, gathering score sheets, running here and there, even saw him hauling out a full garbage can at the banquet. And always with a smile on his face.  Thanks Dirty Dog Dale and all of the Texican Rangers. Y'all done good!

Archived