SASS Wire Forum

1.2.4.2.1 sweep, does it have a name? - sample of new vid added

Grizzly Dave

I served as range master for Knob Creek Gunfighters guild for 3 years. Ended in December last year. I was provided with shoot booklets from all over the country by traveling shooters in the club and visitors. I tried every manner of stage layout explanation to include a few of my own.  I even tried a combination of explanations and still got the typical problems. You can't please everyone is what I learned. I would send out the stages to the entire club for corrections and problems. Then explain at the shoot to try to eliminate problems. Never mattered. Some would always bit$h and complain. It will never change unless an approved list of stages and sequences is listed by the head masters. Won't happen and frankly don't want it. It would restrict the creativity of the club. Just except that we are all different, see things from a different perspective and need to get along. Posse marshals are the key. Make sure they understand your intent and then monitor. And understand that someone will still not get it. Range masters have a tough job and I salute all those doing it. Yee haw! It takes a village.

BW - glad ya liked it, the full video should be done later today hopefully.  Of course there is no way to include every single sweep, but I combed thru shoot books I have collected and tried to include a wide variety.

Archived