SASS Wire Forum

Open Top Army grip .44 SP/Colt/Russian, 7 1/2 in. Case Hardened, 1 Piece Walnut, Standard Blue, Model CA910

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/open-top-army-grip-44-sp-colt-russian-7-1-2-in.html

Perhaps this link will help you.

Or, maybe Dawg will add a picture for you. Haven't done that before.

I made the mistake of forgetting my daughter's Uberti SAA's last month, so we shared guns, as we both shoot 44-40 with Blackpowder. I shoot '72 Open tops. Now she wants a pair, said they felt much better and she had better accuracy. So now I need another pair or 44 specials I can ream out to 44-40. So what do you want in trade? I might have it. I cast bullets and do leatherwork also, so maybe a combo of things.

Slim, were the ones you shot Navy or Army frames. The Navys are smaller. I measured OCL of 44-40 1.588. The cylinder is1.607. don't think you have enough cylinder to bore to 44-40.I have only one. Would trade for Model "P" 44SP 4.75 or, 5.5 barrel. Black, or Smokeless frame.

Parson

PS, started several ladies shooting with the Navys because of the smaller grip.

I have a pair of 45 Colt Opentops also, started with them but gave them to my wife when i converted the second set to 44-40 as she liked them better than her SAA's too. As long as the cylinder is longer than the cartridge i should be good to go. Pretty sure only the grip frames are smaller, everything else should be the same. FWIW my 45 Colt open tops are Navy frames and the 44's are Army. I don't have any 44 sp guns to trade, just 45 Colt and 44-40.

Archived