SASS Wire Forum

CHIAPPA Sharps

Major Crimes

Still having trouble getting a quote on a Pedersoli here in Aust.

Two shops are still saying they cant get an answer after about 2 weeks?

Unfortunately a US Sharps is just not in the realms of possible given the exchange rate and the costs of shipping (if you can get them to ship).

One of the shops had a Chiappa downunder for about $400 less than the Pedersoli Big Boss is expected to be.

That would leave me about $400 to get a decent Creedmoor sight.

I haven't heard much about Chiappa and the comments on line seem to be mixed from OK to not OK (I am paraphrasing to avoid being censored).

Any thoughts on Chiappa?

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/805

We have am Armi Sport / Chiappa in 38/55 and I have yet to find a load that works very well. It looks nice and appears to be a decent rifle for my wife, she got it from a friend while still nearly unfired. Friend sold it due to long term heath issues. The sights on it were CRAP, and we have since replaced them with MVA ( Montana Vintage Arms ). I hope the new sights will allow us to dial it in to be a good shooter. As we work with it and settle in on a couple of good loads for short range and long range out to 800m to 1000 yards I hope it will hold its own, but I doubt it will ever be the equal of my Shiloh Sharps, or that may just be my pre-conceived notion. If it does come even close to the Sharps it will be one sweet shooter. Its has nice finish and Color case hardening and the wood to metal fit is nice just not the equal of the Sharps. This is not the "Down Under" version but I believe that is only cosmetic changes and patch box on the stock. The basic rifle is the same thing in both versions. Good luck in your pursuit of a quality rifle.

Ya his Sharps went 10 for 10 at 400 yds last month.

Archived