SASS Wire Forum

Badger, get your fishing pole!

Shawnee McGrutt

What should I brang? We got your everyday fresh water small fish gear, we got your everyday fresh water large fish gear,

we got your everyday saltwater gear for anything up to and including 40 pounds. What? What?

We got your rainbow trout, your brown trout, your brook trout (char), your cut throat trout, golden trout and

sea trout. Duz that cover it all. I'll bring my church key. :)

I went down and picked up my 2016/2017 Washington State fishing license today. I am good to go

on last years until the end of March 2016, and then on the new one until the end of March 2017.

Got ice?

Just ordered some Gulp Alive 1" minnows for spring gill fishing. We can't use live bait

out here for some unknown reason. Nobody seems to understand the reasoning power

of the WDFW and some of the endless and mindless rules they make up. Something to

justify the pay check I suppose.

We got your rainbow trout, your brown trout, your brook trout (char), your cut throat trout, golden trout and

sea trout. Duz that cover it all. I'll bring my church key. :)

I went down and picked up my 2016/2017 Washington State fishing license today. I am good to go

on last years until the end of March 2016, and then on the new one until the end of March 2017.

Got ice?

In Missouri residents don't need a license if they are over 65

I was surprised when I got here from Illinois. In illinois they never pass up an opportunity to separate you from your money no matter how old you are. Here you can buy a lifetime hunting/fishing license prorated to when you turn 65 and after that you're free. That does not include some large game, I still have to buy deer tags and turkey tags if I want to hunt them. For the record I like rural and small town Missouri a lot. KC and STL not so much, cities are cities wherever you are.

Man that's going to be a hell of a long cast...Washington to Maine. BMC make sure you get enough altitude to get it in the jet stream. Do you have an extra long handled net?

Oh yes....Colorado residents over 65 fish for free, just have to pay $1.00 for search & rescue fee (all hunters/fisherman pay it), I also get a second rod add on for $5.00.

Man that's going to be a hell of a long cast...Washington to Maine. BMC make sure you get enough altitude to get it in the jet stream. Do you have an extra long handled net?

Oh yes....Colorado residents over 65 fish for free, just have to pay $1.00 for search & rescue fee (all hunters/fisherman pay it), I also get a second rod add on for $5.00.

My casting was never all that good, Sage. :)

We can fish with two rods on the same license. We only pay about $25.00 for our fishing license.

Edit: A combination fishing and hunting cost $46.00 plus $2.00 agent fee.

The hunting gives a chance to tag one deer, spring turkey (1 tom) and fall turkey (2 any).

Big Sage, the search and rescue fee, do hikers and other outdoor users have to pay that as well?

That is figured into our license fees, I myself, think all who use the outdoors, should have to pay a fee for S & R.

Big Sage, the search and rescue fee, do hikers and other outdoor users have to pay that as well?

That is figured into our license fees, I myself, think all who use the outdoors, should have to pay a fee for S & R.

Nope...just on licenses and big game tags. Used to have to buy an permit for State Wildlife Areas that you use, S & R was built into that. But not necessary any more.

I pay:

Senior Fees Regular Fees

$7.50 for Freshwater $29.50

$8.05 for Saltwater $30.05

$7.50 for Shellfish/Seaweed $17.40

$13.00 for Razor Clams $14.10

Columbia River Endorsement $7.10

Two pole Endorsement $6.00

Puget Sound crab $8.75

Discover Pass $35.00

With all of these fees, the fishing keeps getting poorer and poorer. There is a notice on the WDFW website that

they are considering CLOSING ALL SALMON FISHING OFF THE COAST OF WASHINGTON STATE to preserve

salmon stocks. Don't know how that will work out, since Oregon and British Columbia are not involved. Maybe

shut down some of the netting on the mouth of the spawning rivers might be more productive.

They do nickel and dime you on fees there.

Hope Maine doesn't get that idea.

Would like to have a recreational clam license. Only commercial here. I have ocean frontage and can't even dig, pay enough taxes, though.

We did have sunshine yesterday. We also had hard rain.

I know, you CAN fish in the rain, but why would you if you

could sit inside where it is dry and drink coffee and watch

the rain come down. Besides, I have been working on my

gear. Just about ready for some WARM weather with SUN

and NO WIND.

Archived