SASS Wire Forum

73 tube liner. Which marlin spring?

Chisler Wood

Bought a 38 tube liner for my 20 inch 73 and I don't like the spring pressure I'm getting with it. Seems too sluggish to me. Someone suggested getting a marlin spring (which is a good idea) but I don't know which part to get. There are so many different ones on numerich. Does anyone know of a specific part number to order? I can always cut it to length so that doesn't matter.

Thanks for the help.

CW

Brownells 550-414-295WB, magazine spring for Marlin 38/357.

Marline mfg.# F406537.

I use the springs that came with the mag liner/sleeve and they work fine. No hiccups. The springs from Brownells may fit your needs.

Make sure you get the one for the 38/357 mag tubes as shown from the item number above. Hope this help. Good luck.

I.M. Crossdraw

Appreciate it greatly. Thanks so much!

Can you tell us were you got your liner from. I bought one from Slick McClade. When I installed it in my 20in 73, the spring was way to strong. Emailed him and he said I needed to cut it down so 3 inches was sticking out of the tube. Works like a charm..

Hey CW,

If you purchased one of my 73 liner kits and don't like the spring I'll be glad to replace it for you. If you purchased someone else's liner tube and the spring is not right I will still help ya :) . I have plenty of Marlin factory mag springs and I'll send you one of those for free just to help out a cowboy in a bind 😉.

Wasn't from you slick. Appreciate that. I'll pm you my info.

Thank you Slick.

Archived