SASS Wire Forum

California: Court Decision Could End Restrictions...

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

...on concealed carry permits.

We'll see. Pardon my skepticism. If it comes about, I'll be the first to salute.

New court decision could end California's restrictions on conceal-carry permits

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/12/new-court-decision-likely-ends-california-restrictions-on-conceal-carry-permits/

The ruling about standing: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2014/11/12/10-56971%20Peruta%2011-12-14%20Order.pdf

This, as well as the original Peruta ruling, points out that it is about the way the County of San Diego used the wording of CA law to effectively make the County of San Diego a "no carry" zone. It hasn't struck down California's "you might be allowed to carry if you beg enough" law. But it has opened the door more than just a crack towards having it struck down.

If the capons in Sacramento hadn't over reacted to the Open Carry movement that was growing in CA and passed a complete ban on open carry (even unloaded open carry as was legal in CA) it is likely that the 9th wouldn't have ruled as it did in Peruta. But since Sacramento saw fit to make much of CA, and something like 65% of its population, unable to exercise their civil rights under the 2nd Amendment, the 9th really had no choice.

Well... Some people actually are gonna celebrate this victory sketicism or not. It's step-by-step.

Of course California gets a bad rap anyway as I've seen here repeatedly. The Kalifornia politicians are terrible.... The state deserves more.

GG

Gunner, no one is saying, as you keep implying, that this isn't something to be happy about. But it isn't the "CA May Issue Law Struck Down" as many people are saying. It is a huge step towards that. But we aren't there yet. Bit by painful bit we are chipping away at the laws restricting our civil rights, but the capons in Sac keep trying to patch the wall. We can't afford to let down even for a day.

Gunner, no one is saying, as you keep implying, that this isn't something to be happy about. But it isn't the "CA May Issue Law Struck Down" as many people are saying. It is a huge step towards that. But we aren't there yet. Bit by painful bit we are chipping away at the laws restricting our civil rights, but the capons in Sac keep trying to patch the wall. We can't afford to let down even for a day.

Who said we are?? - as I said in my prior post "IT'S STEP-BY-STEP " of course you can't 'afford to let down even for a day' - who the heck said that - how is enjoying the ruling implying that ?!?

However anything good that comes up with California seems to be suspect....that's a fact...and that's too bad.

My brother who is an avid shooter in California - and supports the local and state firearm affiliations (like I do in Michigan) - welcomes this news with open arms - he said: "yeah we have a ways to go, but hell ya I'm happy about this and nobody is gonna change that today" - you know what - GOOD FOR HIM!

So with that: Keep up the fight - good luck and all that - but enjoy getting your rights back - piece-by-piece if ya have too - but use it to RALLY folks instead of instantly coming across like - "that's nice..BUT..."

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I guess I took your words, "Some people actually are gonna celebrate this victory sketicism or not." to mean that some of us who are expressing caution, skepticism, and cynicism are NOT celebrating this.

I don't know - if you ARE celebrating this - awesome...if not because of skepticism - bummer.

Best of luck in the pursuit to my Cali pards....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Step by step they took our rights away.....step by step we are clawing them back!

Working together....we will prevail!

Hang tough Pard's!

Step by step they took our rights away.....step by step we are clawing them back!

Working together....we will prevail!

Hang tough Pard's!

I tell ya, sometimes being hit with the pure, unadulterated lies and stupidity of the capons, it just kind of stop you in your tracks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0&feature=player_embedded

Archived