SASS Wire Forum

WTT-WTS Marlin CB Competition $950 Shipped. **SOLD**

Major Art Tillery

I have a Marlin Cowboy Competition in 45 Colt. This is the 20" Octagon Barrel, case hardened model. Works great and an all around nice gun! Does have minor cart dings on wood. I am wanting to trade this rifle for a replica Henry 1860, Winchester 73 or 76 in 44-40. Not looking for anything tuned or short stroked really... just wanted something a little more period correct to use in Classic Cowboy Once in awhile. So if your interested in a possible trade let me know what you got. I can send pictures to anybody interested just email me at majorarttillery@gmail.com **SOLD**

Would sell for $1000 950.00 Shipped

IMG_20140908_062949453_zpsd41e3d6a.jpg

IMG_20140908_063039107_zps12a180cb.jpg

IMG_20140908_062959949_zpsf041ee67.jpg

IMG_20140908_063031656_zpsaae2ae49.jpg

I have a .44 WCF in 73 SRC in excellent condition I might consider a swap on. I can send you some pics if your interested. What is the bore size? Some of the early Marlins I hear were off sized bores or short chambered. Any problems that way with you gun?

Later, Doc

I have a .44 WCF in 73 SRC in excellent condition I might consider a swap on. I can send you some pics if your interested. What is the bore size? Some of the early Marlins I hear were off sized bores or short chambered. Any problems that way with you gun?

Later, Doc

I would like to see pictures, please send to majorarttillery@gmail.com I can send you more of this Marlin as well. I have never measured the bore size, but I shoot .452 250grn bullets and have never had problems with chambering and such. It has had no work to it that I know of, seems to have original hammer spring and two piece firing pin. I was planning on tuning it up when I got it, but have since decided to stick with 44-40, I just like that caliber more. It really is a beautiful gun...

Tell me more about the 73.. Straight Grip? Uberti I assume? Is it stock?

Archived