SASS Wire Forum

Videographers?

Slowhand Bob, 24229

I know that there are some of you guys who are very good with the camera and computers, anyone knoW how to combine the two? I have seen videos n which a laptop could record AND display in real time and need to know how it is done. If i have a cheep digital camcorder and the laptop, what else do I need and where would I find some related how to? I have seen videos on Youtube where this sort of set-up is used to get video feedback from long range targets. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Slowhand,

What is the make and model of your digital camera and laptop? While I am not sure If I can help you, that information will be necessary before any specific suggestions can be made. For example, I use a GoPro camera and an Apple laptop. I can copy the video file to my computer and use GoPro's software to edit or view the video. In general, if your digital camera uses a memory card, the contents of that card can be copied to your laptop. In many instances you may have a program on the laptop that will let you view the video. If not, there are some free programs that allow you to display the video whether you have a Windows or Apple based laptop.

Thanks,

Photo Shooter

Can't help with the specifics but some places to look:

• Camera manufacturers web site
  • Some local camera shops offer classes on different types of cameras including video cameras.
  • Community colleges sometimes offer adult learning classes (not full term courses, although those are available too)
  • City recreation centers
  • eHow
  • YouTube
  • and probably a teenager

I know that there are some of you guys who are very good with the camera and computers, anyone knoW how to combine the two? I have seen videos n which a laptop could record AND display in real time and need to know how it is done. If i have a cheep digital camcorder and the laptop, what else do I need and where would I find some related how to? I have seen videos on Youtube where this sort of set-up is used to get video feedback from long range targets. Any help would be appreciated.

An Ipad can be used to record and display a video in real time.

Howdy,

Will be following this thread for the info.

To build on Diamond S Doug ideas. Check you local library, here in Orlando, FL they offer all kinds of free classes for residents.

Archived