SASS Wire Forum

Anybody from around pittsburg (Pa.) wanting Clays REAL bad

Yusta B.

At first blush, is at least a $100 markup. However at the old price of about $150 it cost $8 to load 1K .38's (3 grains); at this price it's $13.50 for 1K. A very small cost increase for reloads. Considering that no more Clays will show up until at least next September, I'd consider it. That said, I got greedy and found 8 lbs of Clay Dot for $130. If you shoot in eastern PA, Slowpoke John has Clay Dot.

Church Key, not any more he doesn't. As of right now, John is out of Clay Dot; I bought his last 8 lbs last Sat. I know he trying to get more.

At first blush, is at least a $100 markup. However at the old price of about $150 it cost $8 to load 1K .38's (3 grains); at this price it's $13.50 for 1K. A very small cost increase for reloads. Considering that no more Clays will show up until at least next September, I'd consider it. That said, I got greedy and found 8 lbs of Clay Dot for $130. If you shoot in eastern PA, Slowpoke John has Clay Dot.

It's the very reason I'm switching to The Holy Black. I've got about 30 pounds on hand from my reenacting hobby and I figure it makes no sense not to use it, and besides, it adds a new dimension to this modern 19th century thing with cartridges and all... :D Seriously, black powder is still freely available, cheaper, and you can legally store more than twice as much under federal law (check your state and local laws though!).

It's the very reason I'm switching to The Holy Black. I've got about 30 pounds on hand from my reenacting hobby and I figure it makes no sense not to use it, and besides, it adds a new dimension to this modern 19th century thing with cartridges and all... :D Seriously, black powder is still freely available, cheaper, and you can legally store more than twice as much under federal law (check your state and local laws though!).

Great idea....especially since you have the powder already.

BTW, Since there is a shortage of percussion caps right now too, I've seen them on gunbroker for extreme prices too. Saw two tins of CCI #11's go for $40.

Great idea....especially since you have the powder already.

BTW, Since there is a shortage of percussion caps right now too, I've seen them on gunbroker for extreme prices too. Saw two tins of CCI #11's go for $40.

Yeah, that's why I think we should design our own flintlock revolver and a flintlock lever gun! Think of all the people that would flock to our new designs in order to be free from the need for primers and caps! ;)

Archived