SASS Wire Forum

GOEX OLDE EYNSFORD?

Buckshot Dobbs

Dobbs, many of us black powder cartridge rifle reloaders are using it. Primary purpose is it's increased velocity and fouling control when shooting long range. Keeps the bullet in the higher subsonic velocity at longer distances

It is much better than the regular grades of 'red can' Goex. If you are interested in details, search Cast Boolits and Shiloh Rifle forums as Grits suggested.

A powder that compares to Olde E' is KIK which is my favorite for BPCR velocity & fouling control reloads. Plus it's cheaper in 25 lb orders. But I don't shoot either for Cowboy. Waste of money for the distances we shoot

John Boy, for the distances we shoot, what do you prefer? FF Goex? I have a Buffalo Classic I am trying to get ready for side matches....I am a ways off though.....Need Sights, Mold, etc...lol....never ending

John Boy, for the distances we shoot, what do you prefer?

Dobbs, in my case, it's not what I prefer but what I have in inventory ... and I've got every brand of BP on the market.

Right now, I am reducing my supply of Schuetzen only because I'll never use it again for BPCR. For Shot shells, I have used nothing but Skirmish 1FAg. It is blasting powder made by Goex that has been packaged in 1 lb cans. It's cheap and at 83grs per shot shell - the cans empty fast.

My recommendation to any CAS shooter is:

Pistols & rifle = FFFg Diamondback which is cheap

Shotshells = Skirmish 1FAg blasting powder

All available at Powder Inc ... http://powderinc.com/catalog/order.htm

Next you might ask how Diamondback fairs for 'long range' side matches - again, at these match distances, no issues

If you should venture into BPCR for long range shooting with large case capacity calibers, use the good powders: Swiss, KIK and Olde E'

And for the 3 or 4 of us in the US that are reloading 22LR's with black powder, we are using Swiss Null B

Archived